Friday, May 30, 2008

Business Trip

China Top 10

10. Visiting Guangdong! A whole city in mainland China made up of furniture stores and factories. Just rubbing Budda's tummy for a successful shopping spree. It worked!

Here is one of the huge furniture markets.

9. Being immersed in a new culture.


8. Touring a factory that manufactures conference chairs.
It is dark because the factories all have to work during the night a few days a week to cut down on pollution in the city.The people were so humble, hardworking, and so grateful for our business. I will never look at a "made in China" sticker the same.

7. After walking around the factory we all got a 2 hour massage at our hotel. It turned out to be more like Chinese torture! It was a cultural experience I will never forget!

6.
We were bumped up to first class on our 10 hour plane ride from Tokyo to San Franciso. I don't think I will ever to be able to fly coach on a long flight again.

5.
These are my China suveneirs. Thanks to designer knockoffs sold in Beijing I am now the proud new owner of Jimmy Choo and Dolce & Gabbana handbags.

4. The last night we hung out late into the night photographing some of the sights in Hong Kong. It was so serene and beautiful. Ever since I was little I have been hearing about and dreaming of visiting Hong Kong. My BFF Kimme spent several years there while her dad helped build the LDS temple. I dated a guy from Hong Kong before I met John because I felt such a strong attachment to the the place and the culture. It almost felt spiritual to finally walk the city streets.





3.The Greatwall in Beijing.. BREATHTAKING!

My coworkers Bri and Eric.


2.
The view of Hong Kong from Victoria peak. It was so stunning. I felt like I was in a city 20 years in the future! Kimme, Chelsea, and my sister-in -law Sophia, you are all so lucky to have grown up in such an awesome place!


1. Coming back with a more grateful heart for my hubby, home, and freedom.


9 comments:

Warner Fam said...

I am so jealous you got to go to China. I probably will neve be able to get to do that. You will have tell me all about it!! I hope all is well.

Abbie&Trevor said...

What an amazing trip. It looks like you had such a gret time. Don't you just love to travel and experience other parts of the world. I love all the fun picts..

Chelsea said...

Jessica First ofall the fact that your hair looks so good despite the humidity! I know what a challenge that can be so thumbs up! I am so glas you were able to go there, it is just as grand as I remember, now we all need to go on a ladies trip to Hong Kong, with Heather of course. I also would like to add that your newly acquired stash of bags is to die for! miss ya

Heather said...

Thanks for the swag. Now I will have the hippest diaper bag on the block!

Romney said...

Looks like you had an awesome trip!! You'll have to tell me more about it!

LiNdS said...

WHAT? CHINA!?
I am so jealous. I can't believe you have seen all those amazing things. I had no idea you were going! I am so happy for you. And those purses are to die for! You lucky girl. I am glad you had a safe trip!

ColleenDown said...

I am definitely going next time!!

Audrey said...

How fun! The closest thing To China is our own Houston China town! I bet you just can't wait to come and see!

brynn said...

So cool, Jessica!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...