- How ideal the temperature was.
- How big James smiled as he tubed behind the boat.
- Taking a canoe ride just Kimme and I/no kids and enjoying 30 minutes of peace and quiet and conversation with my bestie.
- When our tranquil canoe ride turned into an action flick because our husbands and little boys made it their goal to tip us over in the middle of the lake.
- Hiding in the canoe in the reeds and almost capsizing ourselves from laughing so hard.
- Hearing our little boys talk like pirates in the jet boat throughout the catch me if you can game.
- After an hour long canoe chase Kimme and I finally ending it by jumping in ourselves to spare our husbands the satisfaction of sinking our boat.
- Watching John wakeboard around the lake and thinking it was really sexy.
- Enjoying Kimme's mom's beautiful flower garden.
- Canoeing through a garden of waterlilies and trying to catch a frog for our boys.
- Seeing sea-planes take off from the lake.
- Coming back to Kimme's house for homemade clam chowder and fish tacos.
- How special Kimme made me feel by throwing a belated family b-day party for me.
Monday, August 26, 2013
Saturday, August 24, 2013
Last time Kimme and Chris came to Houston by the end of the trip they loved Texas so much they hired a realtor and toyed around with just staying. This time the tables have turned. I am in my element here and would be happy to call Canada home forever. We've been busy swimming in mountain lakes, visiting with Chris and Kimme's families, and enjoying lots of yummy homemade cooking...
Kimme has become one of the best chefs I know! I will be writing down lots of recipes here.
John said he felt like he was on a Corona commercial here. This is the life!
Chelsea threw a cute angry bird birthday party for her son, Ty.
Kimme's parent's dock
Kimme, her dad, and I went for a refreshing swim at sundown. How I love swimming in non-chlorinated water-I don't have to worry about my curly hair drying out from the harsh chemicals. Ahh, the little things in life:)
Thursday, August 22, 2013
We are at one of my favorite places on earth with some of my favorite people on the planet. Vancouver Island British Columbia. This morning we jogged around a lake, swam out to a dock, had fish and chips by the bay, and played with Lucy the Seal. So happy to be here!
Sunday, August 18, 2013
Saturday, August 17, 2013
For some offshore work John will be doing this fall on the Black Sea, he had to complete an intense three day safety (helicopter/fire/first-aid) training course. The class tests workers ability to keep cool in a mock helicopter crash at sea. Among other things, he also had to complete simulations of an oil rig emergency, and life boat survival. Sometimes I think I am married to a CIA agent. But then again, I don't think the government would spend money on all the Exxon swag (ie. t-shirts, stationary) we have around the house just for a cover:)
After his training he was sicker than a dog with Strep Throat. John never takes sick days so it kind of felt like a holiday. I made chicken soup and homemade bread for an afternoon lunch together. It would have been fun, except for the fact he was sick (it was still kind of fun though).
The other night I asked James if he wanted me to take him out for ice-cream or make cookies together. He chose cooking at home with his mama. My little man knows how to make me feel like a million bucks! After making cookies, we painted faces while he bathed in the sink.
Speaking of secret agents, this was John's last trip to James Bond's homeland. He is getting to know London better than me and I can't wait to join him on a trip someday.
He saw Jersey Boys with his coworkers on a night off.
John took this photo specifically for James. James still thinks his daddy is a superhero.
Left: The LDS church / visitors center in a posh area full of national museums.