Thursday, August 15, 2013

Dave

I am reposting this from Heather's blog because I want it to be printed in our blog book/journal.  The Sullivan's are great examples of faith and I hope we can follow in their footsteps as a family in future times of adversity.  I am thankful for the power of prayer and priesthood and that Dave is able to walk again.
We are are still pulling and praying for you guys!  Love you all.


 Feelings of Gratitude

As I lay here in my hospital I'm reflecting again and again on all the wonderful people who continue to bless Heather and my life.

In case you haven't heard the news, I was involved in a severe mountain biking accident Saturday night at Trailside park near Park City Utah.  I was on my own on a part of the skills course when I decided I wouldn't make it through and tried to bail off the obstacle.  I was high enough off the ground that my front tire stuck, and I slowly but surely when over my handle  bars squarely on to my head.  I was wearing my helmet, but felt that on impact I would lose consciousness.  My next thought was that I would be permanently paralyzed from the neck down.  For several moments my panic was realized as I couldn't feel any part of my body.  Much to my relief and horror I began feeling unbelievable shots of pain shoot out from my neck to other parts of my body.  My new neighbor and new friend immediately called his brothers-in-law to administer a priesthood blessing while we waited for the paramedics to arrive.  I'm convinced that this blessing not only saved my ability to walk again then, but continued to be a protection for me during this process.

I can only say that I am completely overwhelmed by the love showed to Heather and I during this time.  As many of you know we've been required before to rely on the good deeds and graces of others with the loss of our precious twins.

By the grace of God I will walk again.  The Dr. said I shouldn't be, but I will.  I'd love to give many details but I'm typing this one finger at a time.

To my clients I will quickly return to work, for my primary choir keep singing.  To my close friends continue to show love and support.
I love you all.
Dave

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...