Monday, August 26, 2013

Things I Want to Remember About This Day...

  • How ideal the temperature was. 
  • How big James smiled as he tubed behind the boat.  
  • Taking a canoe ride just Kimme and I/no kids and enjoying 30 minutes of peace and quiet and conversation with my bestie.
  • When our tranquil canoe ride turned into an action flick because our husbands and little boys made it their goal to tip us over in the middle of the lake.
  • Hiding in the canoe in the reeds and almost capsizing ourselves from laughing so hard.
  • Hearing our little boys talk like pirates in the jet boat throughout the catch me if you can game. 
  • After an hour long canoe chase Kimme and I finally ending it by jumping in ourselves to spare our husbands the satisfaction of sinking our boat.
  • Watching John wakeboard around the lake and thinking it was really sexy.
  • Enjoying Kimme's mom's beautiful flower garden.
  • Canoeing through a garden of waterlilies and trying to catch a frog for our boys.
  • Seeing sea-planes take off from the lake.
  • Coming back to Kimme's house for homemade clam chowder and fish tacos.
  • How special Kimme made me feel by throwing a belated family b-day party for me.  













3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sure was a special day! The canoe adventure! I'll never forget it ;) cash's face in that picture is hilarious. I love how you capture the special moments with your mad photography skills. I don't ever want you guys to leave.

Heather said...

It's wonderful you have stayed such good friends and continue to make memories.

ColleenDown said...

And remind me once more why I am not Canadian?? This does look like a perfect day that needs to be remembered!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...