Saturday, August 17, 2013

007

For some offshore work John will be doing this fall on the Black Sea, he had to complete an intense three day safety (helicopter/fire/first-aid) training course.  The class tests workers ability to keep cool in a mock helicopter crash at sea.  Among other things, he also had to complete simulations of an oil rig emergency, and life boat survival.  Sometimes I think I am married to a CIA agent.  But then again, I don't think the government would spend  money on all the Exxon swag (ie. t-shirts, stationary) we have around the house just for a cover:)
After his training he was sicker than a dog with Strep Throat.  John never takes sick days so it kind of felt like a holiday.  I made chicken soup and homemade bread for an afternoon lunch together.  It would have been fun, except for the fact he was sick (it was still kind of fun though).

The other night I asked James if he wanted me to take him out for ice-cream or make cookies together.  He chose cooking at home with his mama.  My little man knows how to make me feel like a million bucks!  After making cookies, we painted faces while he bathed in the sink.
Speaking of secret agents,  this was John's last trip to James Bond's homeland.  He is getting to know London better than me and I can't wait to join him on a trip someday.  


 He saw Jersey Boys with his coworkers on a night off.
John took this photo specifically for James.  James still thinks his daddy is a superhero. 

 Greenwich.  
Left:  The LDS church / visitors center in a posh area full of national museums.
This stain-glassed window used to be in the galley of a ship - now housed in the National Maritime Museum.

Changing of the Guard is full of tradition and pomp.  

1 comment:

ColleenDown said...

With these pictures, I am starting to think that maybe he really is a CIA agent or maybe even the next James Bond--no wonder James thinks he is a superhero!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...