Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I'll Be Home For Christmas...

We just returned from a pre-Christmas trip to Utah.  The first part of the week was spent in Heber watching Heather's kids while Dave had a second surgery on his neck.  The second part was spent hibernating at my mom's house with sick kids.  Both places were holiday havens filled with delicious food, family, and photo opts.  I wish I was able to see a few more friends, ski the Bird, and get my cherished hair straightening...but hopefully it will give me another reason to come back sooner than later:)  

 I was so glad to be in on the Derby girl Christmas lunch this year.  My mom bought Charlotte and Rissy these cute Christmas outfits.  


 James adores his Sullivan cousins...and a cup of hot cocoa. 




 James enjoying Dave's awesome post surgery oscillating cleaning toilet.  I want one so bad!



We were able to go to our old ward and their church party.  

Our beach babes.







 John dared the boys to a polar bear plunge in Nana's pool.







 Heber has some breathtaking sunrises and sunsets.  








 I love my mom and her tea parties.
The last night John and I went on a hot cold date to see the lights at Temple square and Draper park.  It was a perfect end to the week.  Thanks again for the hospitality family.  It was a wonderful way to get a white Christmas out of my system.  Now I am ready to welcome the seventy degree Houston holiday season;)

3 comments:

ColleenDown said...

I could use you around here today to make everything look a little more beautiful than it looks in everyday life--or I could use a few of those 70 degree Houston Christmas pictures. Thanks for sharing these! We miss you!

Michelle Wilkes said...

I love looking at all your pictures, Jessica! thanks for posting them!
... I need to ask Dave about that toilet... How has that not come up in a conversation yet?

Anonymous said...

isn't cousin time the best! so many great memories for the kids.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...