Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A Sweet Summer So Far...

5 1/4 cups of sugar sweet!  That is what is in each batch of this yummy freezer jam.  My good friend Leslie and I are trying to beat the heat by staying indoors and cooking up a storm.  So far we have made strawberry and raspberry jam and fruit cocktail.  It is fun to hang out with friends and filling our fridge is an extra bonus.
Lunch time at Leslie's.  James and Rissy love that our jamming sessions call for an all day play-date. I love that they have the opportunity for free play without us parents hovering.  It is the next best thing to having cousins close.  
 We never get tired of Hermann park and the Houston zoo.  It is the one place I feel my kids are free to run around like wild animals.


Trying to stay cool at the splashpad.

I read this article on having a 1970's summer.  It was a good reminder to keep things simple and not be too high strung about summer fun.  It also inspired me to buy a cheap kiddie pool, otter pops full of high fructose, and let my kids play in the garden hose for hours.




Backyard face painting.  

I came up stairs one day to James and Rissy putting on a puppet show for every stuffed animal in the house.  It was pretty cute.  I am finally feeling more like myself these days.  Less like a zombie/grouch.  Life is pretty good at the Gregory house.

2 comments:

ColleenDown said...

Super amazing pictures as always, I don't know which one I love the best--Probably James jumping but the bubbles, butterflies and babies are certainly in competition--and please, please save some jam for my next visit!

ColleenDown said...

P.S. I loved, loved the 1970 Summer article--it made me feel like less of a "loser" mom and more a product of my times :-)--we watched a lot of TV back then!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...