Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Big Easy Over the Big Apple.

If I had to pick between a vacation to the city of New Orleans or NYC I would pick New Orleans in a New York minute!  I love this quirky city, and its many colors, live oaks, and southern hospitality.  We joined John last week for a conference at the Ritz Carlton. While John worked 8-6 the kids and I explored the zoo, water park, children's museum, and aquarium.  At night we wandered the city, ate Cajun food, and swam in the hotel pool.  We discovered the Big Easy isn't so easy with our three, but definitely worth the work!  I wouldn't trade the memories we make out on the road for all the money in the world.





 The Ritz spoiled us rotten with chocolate, turned down sheets, and free passes to the parks.  

 Living large.
New Orleans city zoo.
 It was pretty hot so we opted to spend the day in the zoo's water park.  Then we took a thirty minute train through the zoo see the animals.  It worked out perfect!  


This is right after James winked at me from his seat on the zoo train.  This little boy melts my heart.  
 This little girl melts a lot of ice cream:)  Especially because she takes a bite out of the bottom of the cone in the beginning.
One night we had pizza in the hotel courtyard.  It was so peaceful and posh and the doorman brought us cold water and offered us red wine on the house.  We declined but appreciated the gesture.


New York might have Broadway, but I think I prefer the spontaneity of the jazz bands on Bourbon street.  And seriously, Central Park has nothing on City Park's old mossy trees.  I am definitely a Southern city girl at heart.  

2 comments:

John said...

Another fun trip to New Orleans, this time with 3 kiddos. I wonder how many we will have next time?

Anonymous said...

that water park looks amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...