Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Welcome Number Four

Juliet Rae Gregory.  Named after my mom Colleen Rae and best friend, Kimme Rae💕.  She is 7 and a half pounds of baby chub and we are in heaven.  It was a long day of labor, but we are so thankful she is here.  Healthy and safe with no C-section🙌🏻! Yesterday was surreal.  Four years ago I was on the same floor in a different wing finishing my last chemo.  Every time a baby is born at my hospital they play a chime over the intercom.  I listened to that chime 100 times longing to be in labor and delivery instead of treatment.  Yesterday that dream came true.  I am thankful to my Heavenly Father for knowing my heart and completing our family.  Juliet, you are our Rae of sunshine and have given us so much joy.  Today we are celebrating John’s birthday, with endless cuddles and very little sleep.  We can’t wait to go home and introduce her to the kids.  Hopefully this evening.  Thank you Peggy for taking such good care of our other three.  We are forever grateful for your friendship 💗.

One proud papa!  The nurses gave her a hat with a mermaid tail on it.  Perfect fit for a girl whose mama spent so much time in the pool, lake, and hot tub while she was pregnant.  
Lots of happy tears.  It was so wonderful to finally see and hold our healthy sweet baby girl.  Before I began pushing we found out she had her cord wrapped around her neck.  It gave me so much motivation to push.  Luckily she came quick and the doctor was able to work fast to free her.   I know she is a going to be a special girl, coming to earth during a world pandemic and civil unrest.  I look forward to watching her grow and know she will make the world a better place.  She has already brought so much happiness to our family.  
Euphoric to have another baby! We are so thankful for this little spirit.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...