Tuesday, February 24, 2009


Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in. ~Amy Lowell

Recently, I heard back from one of the companies I applied with back in December. They offered me a job as an art representative for their company. As an art rep, I will be meeting with their clients (designers, architects, art and furniture stores, etc) to distribute literature and help place orders. I leave on my first business trip tomorrow to Cali so wish me luck! Thankfully, it is just p/t so I can continue to do some design work on the side.

Because of the new job, & I'm so much better at expressing myself visually than verbally, I thought I would use art to record what's been going on during the daily grind at the Gregory house.

For V- day, John took me to Ballet West's production of Madame Butterfly. The costumes, music, and dancing were superb. I was honestly moved to tears before the second act. A must see if a night at the ballet is your cup of tea!

The week of Valentines I worked full time as a floral designer in a busy flower shop. It was quite the learning experience. I had no idea there is so much technique involved in flower arranging. The first day was all thorns and thistles! It was exhausting and frustrating and my bouquets were a far cry from the professionals. Thankfully, some experts took me under their wings and by the end of the week (and a few hundred arrangements later) I had it down. I'm glad I had the opportunity but I don't see floral designing blooming in my near future.

John has been a busy guy working full time and going to school. I love Wednesday's because I go and meet him at a restaurant for a quick bite to eat between his work and class. Then, when he comes home he gives me a mini version of his lecture from his business class which I thoroughly enjoy (thankfully he spares me details of his chem 6000).

I am loving having more time practicing being a little homemaker. I love making life for John a bit easier by being able to cook more and keep up on the laundry. This career stuff has been worth it because I know it'll someday make being a mama all the more sweeter.

Almost every Friday this season we have headed up to the "bird" for the fresh mountain air. I don't know how I would survive winter without that glorious place. Nothing beats skiing with my best friend on the greatest snow on earth.

7 comments:

Heather said...

I love it! You found some great prints to represent your life.

cathyg said...

Good to hear from you Jessica! I wondered what you had been doing! Good luck on your new career, you will be great!

Cheryl said...

Perfect post! It's a perfect picture of you, my sweet niece. I really enjoyed it. I hope you will continue to grace us with artistic posts now that you'll be surrounded by art. Good luck on the business trip.

Our story said...

Good luck. That sounds great.

Laura said...

That was a really fun post! What a great new job! Let us know how your business trip went!

Abbie&Trevor said...

Good luck on the new job. How exciting, it's always fun to start on a new adventure. You will do great. How about lunch SOON, or at least before this baby pops out in July.

Chelsea said...

That is awesome Jessica!!! I love the art you used!
chelsea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...