Thursday, July 30, 2009

July Recap!

This has been a busy month (like every one's apparently from the lack of posting going on from my peeps!) I will be welcoming a slower paced schedule in August so I can get my nesting on. Here is a little record keeping of what we did during the "lazy" days of summer...

John's parents and niece and nephew came for a couple of weeks. John took them all to his favorite place on earth, Disneyland. I opted to stay at home on my parent's couch to recover from kidney stones. We did all go to the new temple together. Gorgeous!

James is getting bigger. Floors and furniture are starting to creek as I pass by, his kicks are getting stronger, and he looks like a baby instead of a shrimp/alien thing. Only two long HOT short months left:)

I attended a ladies only reunion with all of the girls on my mom's side. It was a blast. I always have such a great time with these gals. We had a Louisiana style seafood bake in honor of my great grandma Nana. The food was delish and I am still laughing from the funny jokes, stories, and Aunt Cheryl's sleeping accessories.

John and I were in charge of Youth Conference this year. We had a beachy theme about catching the wave back to our Heavenly Father. It was A LOT of work but it sounds like the kids had a good time and hopefully they got a little something out of it. I sure did. I am more thankful for my past youth leaders than ever before and I will never do something like that again in my third trimester!

7 comments:

Suzi said...

Jess I love the shot were we can see the belly! You look so cute. I would love to get together in August sometime!

Heather said...

Phew, that was quite a month for you. We should definitely get in some revitalization next month.

Chelsea said...

I love you pregnant! You look beautiful as usual!

cathyg said...

Jessica, I would never want to be in charge of youth conference in ANY trimester of life! Way to go for pulling it all off, almost singlehandedly! I loved the reunion too, lots of fun! Glad to see someone has time and subjects to post! I have a great pool and rafts for getting through the next 2 long hot months! Come by anytime!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for posting something on behalf of the family 'cause I've been a loser in that department! You are amazing, and I wish you a peaceful August.

ColleenDown said...

What great pictures can't wait to see the rest of them. Thank goodness someone is still recording our lives!

Laura said...

You HAVE been busy!!! SO not fun being so busy and being so pregnant... Hope you take this month off! :) You look SO cute and SO good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...