Friday, March 12, 2010

Life's a beach


At church Sunday the teacher talked about how a small grain of sand is so insignificant, but combined it can make a beautiful beach...That made me think of how an accumulation of precious moments make up a wonderful lifetime.
Soooo, here are 10 grains for sand from last weekend that I know I will want to click through when I'm a granny...surfing through this blog... in my rocker ...............................


1) John took me to Tuscany for date night. It was yummy from appetizer to dessert. We went there about 4 years ago at this time. So I pretended like it was then...and I got butterflies again:)


How many piles of pics do I have of me feeding my face?! My taste buds are reliving the moment as I type...Mmmmmmmm. Delish!



2) John having every other Friday off. Hallelujah for long weekends.

3) Sleeping in while John and James have father son bonding time over the PlayStation.


4) Spending hours with our giggly baby, b/c every one says this time goes by way. too. fast. So we're listening.... and playing.



5) Eating blueberry waffles with so many blueberries you can't see the waffles.
(John would demur, His breakfast date is Jimmy Dean.)

6) Finally getting on top of my laundry mountain.



7) Watching James do new things daily. The latest and greatest...rolling on his belly.



8) Knowing that James's first spring is just around the corner... and he will finally see we don't actually live in a winter wasteland.

9) Walking in the office and seeing John studying dreadfully boring chemicals for hours on end, all for the the love of the fam.

10) Watching the Hollywood glitz and glam in the Oscars and having my two favorite actresses nominated.


So.. Like sands on the beach...so are the moments of our lives:) Peace!

5 comments:

LiNdS said...

Have I ever told you that your blog is my VERY favorite to read? I love when you do a new post and I get to read your brilliance. You are such a doll. And guess what? I have printed the world market coupon and I am headed there RIGHT NOW! Thanks for the continuous inspiration....

ColleenDown said...

O.K. I am going to ponder this all day and think of ten things to post tomorrow to my blog. "Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

cathyg said...

Thanks for sharing, Jessica! I always love the things you have to say! You seem to be so good at enjoying things as they are happening, not just as memories!

CoLiE-O said...

i haven't visited your blog in ages!!! james is absoultely darling!!

MOLLY said...

lovin this post!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...