Tuesday, July 13, 2010

So I Think This Girl Can Dance!

What is modern about modern dance
is its resistance to the past,
its response to the present,
its constant redefining if the idea of dance.
*Marcia B. Siegel*

My sister, Heather, just finished up a 2 week, 9-5 dance camp at the Repertory Dance Theater. I got to see her perform the last day with some of the company.
This chica has birthed 5 kids and she can still shake it like Polaroid picture. Impressive.
Thanks for your example to keep moving as a mother, sistah. Now I am going to get my groove on with the vacuum:)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather is so tiny! She should really think about auditioning for So you think you can dance...Chris and I love that show, I am always so jealous of people that can dance! why does my talent have to be 'a good listener?' No one is gonna come and watch me perform being a good listener!!!

Erin said...

Back in my tumbling days there was a mother of 6 still tumbling. Her daughter was standing next to me said, ya, thats my mother. I love to see mom's still active. It really is a motivation and makes it less stressful in having kids. It definitley lets you know that as mothers we still can kick booty in our younger years. Awesome job Heather!

ColleenDown said...

I birthed seven and I still dance--the difference is NO ONE is going to see it--fortunately Heather is still amazing to watch. Kimme I would watch you be a good listener.

Heather said...

Aww, thanks Jessica. I don't know if I still have it, but it was sure fun to do. Thanks for documenting it for me.

The Vreelands said...

I remember when we all took ballet together. I think that is awesome that she is still dancing!

Michelle Wilkes said...

I especially liked Heather telling about making up a dance and having to perform it out in the streets of down town Salt Lake City. It made my request to my daughter to show the family the latest dance she learned not seem so embarrassing. Way to go Heather!

Lindsay said...

Heather, you really are amazing! LOOK amazing, DANCE amazing(ly), and are an AMAZING all-around person. I LOVE YOU!!! You inspire me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...