Thursday, July 22, 2010

J'adore ma famille!


Because I am no longer nursing (Oh sad, painful day!) I haven't been able to get my bloggidy on:( Hopefully someday I will be able to catch up on our summer happenings.

In a few short hours I will be leaving on a jet plane for 11 whole days on a trip with my mom and sistahs. I don't have pics in my wallet, so I’m posting photos of my two favorite men to gaze upon as I sit in some far away Internet cafe.


John has become quite the chef all of the sudden. He has concluded that cooking is closer to chemistry than he previously thought. And by following a recipe with precision he will get a perfectly prepared pizza. I guess that is why my cooking could still use some improvement…I'm much more concerned about visual presentation than the formula for flavor.



Having a baby is like eating a delicious ice-cream cone on a hot summer day. We are trying to savor each new stage- every flavor, but time is melting away faster than we can eat it all up.

I don’t know how I am going to make it since I left James for a few short hours tonight and the sight of a mother ducky with her chicks made me want to cry. At least I know he is going to be in great hands with his Grandma Gregory.

So until next time… Au revoir!

10 comments:

Dale said...

Have a wonderful time Jessica!

When it comes to cooking, I'm a little bit John and a little bit Jessica. Once I find a bread recipe I like, I follow it pretty closely - carefully measuring the ingredients. That way I get the same great results every time. But, in the end, if it doesn't also look good then I'm not completely satisfied.

Michelle Wilkes said...

Have a geat time in France! I know it's hard to leave the little ones, but don't let it detract from a great chance-of-a-lifetime trip!

Michelle Wilkes said...

P.S. I love the red high chair! Did you paint it, or find it somewhere?

Heather said...

Can't wait! See you on the plane.

Anonymous said...

so jealous! hope all you girls have a blast. get some good shopping in for me! and take lots of pictures- I need to see what I'm missing out on!!!
ps. also, be safe. don't talk to strangers. eat lots of good food. rent a vespa. buy a really expensive pair of shoes. and call me if you can :)

ColleenDown said...

Can't wait!-Katelyn

Lindsay said...

Jess, that sounds like such a fun thing to do with your mom and sistahs! ;) ENJOY!

Cheryl said...

I just need to speak for the other girls in the family who are insanely jealous. I hope you have a great time, though!!! You'll be missed here.

I was going to comment on how Dale is a lot like John when he cooks. He measures everything meticulously and doesn't stray from the recipe. He gets awesome results, though, so there must be something to it.

Maybe John and Dale could get together and cook for their lovely wives sometime.

lulu said...

Have an amazing trip!!
I think James looks a lot like Drew in this pic. maybe its his eyes or something. so cute :)

Abbie&Trevor said...

Have a wonderful time Jess. Both of your boys will be safe in the hands of a wonderful grandma.
Take lots of pictures, enjoy each little moment and have so much fun. I can't wait to talk about all the fun details.
Miss ya!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...