Monday, December 22, 2014

Country Club Christmas

The Women's Club luncheon has become a tradition for me.  I love the beauty of the country club, the ladies' fancy clothes, and the delicious desserts.  It is a nice break from everyday yoga pants and parks
I invited a few favorite friends; Peggy, Makana, and Charlotte.  

Makana won big at the charity raffle.  
Getting my girly food on.
There is always a fashion show featuring animal print.
Carla gave me this family heirloom in Oklahoma,   This ring is an antique of her great aunts.  I am in love!!!
Posing at the bar while everyone else got their bubbly on.  Our table was pretty dry considering half of us are Mormons.  
Later on in the week Rissy and James pretended to go to a Christmas tree farm.  They both like the land of make believe.  A ball of twine or a roll of tape can entertain them all morning.


Rissy wore this dress to church Sunday.  So many people said she looked like an angel...a few said she looked like a pioneer:)- I guess I have old fashioned taste.
Speaking of antiques, John brought this sailboat home from a colleague at work.  The kids are enchanted by it and I often catch them playing with their toys on the hull of the ship.
Houston really has stolen my heart over the last three and a half years.  We are creating so many memories here and are blessed to call this place home.  

2 comments:

Heather said...

You lead a lovely life!

John said...

Honey you look beautiful as usual. You should have been the one walking the runway!

The photos of the kids getting a tree at the Christmas tree farm are adorable. Thanks for sharing; wish I was there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...