Saturday, January 17, 2015

January Blossoms

Today was a beautiful Spring-like day at the Botanical Gardens just a short twenty five minutes from our house.  It blows my mind that we are just finding out about this place today.  There are miles and miles of trails, parks, gardens, swamps, bogs, and boardwalks.  And it is absolutely free.  I feel that this is Houston's best kept secret!  

 These are the first blossoms I've seen this year.  They smelled delicious!  I love that Houston winters only last a month.  

John is such a good dad.  He is so hands on with the kids and wants to spend all his free time with his family.  I am a lucky wife!


If you ask James what he wants to be when he grows up, he will tell you a space scientist superhero... and a missionary.  




I love Bald Cypress trees growing in the swamp.  They speak to my soul.  Must be my Louisiana roots.
I love to cuddle Tommy in his kangaroo pooch.  I think the feeling is mutual because he hardly ever complains.  
Perfect day for a tuna sandwich picnic.


Today was a little slice of heaven.  How we adore these three and their giggly, inquisitive, energetic ways.  

5 comments:

Dale said...

We're coming back. What a beautiful place!

jessica&john.com said...

Dale,
I kept thinking about you guys! I wish I knew about this place when you were here! Please come back with us. The weather is perfect now!

Heather said...

What a beautiful place. Those cypress trees are so cool!

Michelle Wilkes said...

Oh, so pretty!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pictures Jessica you are amazing!
I love all of them

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...