Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Everything Coming Up Roses...

Being a mom to three young kids is the most humbling. exhausting, back breaking job I've ever had.  But it is  also the most freeing, fulfilling, and beautiful thing I've ever done. 
Tommy playing at his daddy's feet.  I realized I've been taking John for granted on my trip to Utah.  He is such a help to me with the kids and a caring husband.  I am lucky to have him! 
This girl is so hot and cold, naughty and nice, sugar and spice.  We adore her.
James is a sweet caring boy!  He spontaneously tells me he loves me almost every day.  He has a great imagination and is constantly crafting, building with legos, and driving his sister crazy.  
Not much brings me more peace than a picnic. 

Mmm.  This silk chocolate pie has been staring me in the face since Saturday tempting me at every turn.  Right when I think I couldn't love John more he becomes a baker.
The beautiful flowers John and the kids bought me for Valentine's Day.


Today I learned Tommy loves to eat rocks, chalk, and dirt.  I hope the microorganisms in the dirt can help fight his cough we brought back from Utah.  
"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses."  Feeling blessed for all the flowers in my life tonight.

2 comments:

Steve Down said...

Jessica the amazing mom, writer, and photographer!

Love you,

Steve
Dad
Grandpa

Unknown said...

You are off the chain 😘
You rock !!!
Texas grandma Peggy .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...