Thursday, February 26, 2015

Life Is Like A Box of Chocolate...


I enjoy Valentine's day more every year.  Maybe because lately I have more people in my family to love, or the Spring-like Houston weather, but mostly it's the chocolate.  We started Valentine's weekend Friday morning at the temple seeing the Tulips.  This has been our family tradition the last four years.
Next we met one of my dear friends for lunch.  This was an anniversary date for us because I met Holly two years ago on Valentine's Day.  She is such a thoughtful sweet friend and I am so lucky to have her in my life!  Rissy insisted on wearing a swimsuit around town that day.  I didn't put up a fight.
For dessert the kids picked these chocolate dipped brownies.  They were to die for.  I picked an extra one up for John and left it on his nightstand.  To my dismay he didn't want to eat it that night (so I couldn't sneak a bite).  I learned something that night.  It is torture for me to sleep next to chocolate.
I try to do a little spontaneous Valentines surprise for the kids.  James had been asking me to make him a car out of a box.  The kids were ecstatic to wake up to this love bug.  Then the kids gave me a Valentine in return.  It made my heart skip a beat.  
We spent Saturday at Moody Gardens.  I have loved having a new place to take pictures.  I needed a break from the zoo.


We had the nicest picnic under a palm tree.  The weather was perfect for enjoying our pb and j's.  The best part was the chocolate dipped brownie that John had saved and shared with us all.  Then I was glad I have a guy with so much self control.

My little Tom Sawyer.  
And my beach babe.  She loves being covered in sand.  
The aquarium was setting up for a Valentine's dinner that night.  
These flowers were from John and the kids the week before Valentine's.  They were lovely and lasted three weeks!  I asked John not to get me Chocolate because I didn't want the extra calories.  Then Saturday night after our long day in Galveston I was having a chocolate attack.   I was so mad at myself and vowed to never say something so atrocious again.  Then that very moment, we received the most amazing Valentines package from Grandma Gregory.  It was a St. Valentine's miracle and gave the whole family a chocolate high!  What a fabulous holiday!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...