Monday, July 21, 2008

Flashback to 14.

This month has taken me back to my adolescent days of summer (except for those dang eye wrinkles that have started to appear and the fact that Otter Pops just aren't as good as they once were). Anyway, a few case in points:

My dad bought tickets for my sis and I to see American Idol in concert and I was way too excited. Confession, I never missed a show this season and now I stalk them all on You Tube. Brook and Jason previously were my favorite ( I love Brook's garment covering style and Jason reminds me of the beach). But, now after attending the concert I will concur with America. David Cook really is a rock star. Katelyn disagrees. Just ask, she'll tell you in her sweet little voice, "David Archuleta is sooo cute!"

John and I are in YM & YW so this month John spent a week on the Priest High Adventure rafting down the Snake River and I got to go up to girls camp.
The following is how we described our camps to each other...

Jessica: "Ohhh... It was like the most super spiritual experience of the summer. We did boondoggle, wore princess crowns, curlers, held hands around trees and sang songs. Then we finished it off with an amazing testimony meeting with lots of tears and hugs! I've never been to girls camp with so little drama. I love our Young Women!"

John:"It was totally awesome!! We rampaged each other's rafts like pirates and then threw each other into the water. Then we ate guy food and had the most fantastic view of the river as we peed in the wilderness... Check out all my bruises. " Nice, but was it spiritual? "Na, not at all, but it was way fun!"
Holy cow, Boys and girls are different!!!

They rafted all day down the river and then camped along the beach at night.

After seeing this picture of their yellow life jackets I think they should be the ones called the Beehives:)


I am so jealous of this little trip. Look at how pretty the scenery is.

Fishing with Zac....


While John was at high adventure I drove up to the cabin after work to hang out with Zac. I was going to weed but my bro said NO MORE WORKING, and made me go fishing. I caught a little guy too and tried to release, but he died. So sad:(
Note the rubber gloves he wears so he doesn't have to touch the worms. Ha ha.
After fishing, him and his friend Stephan made me lobster and steak.
No question, one of the best nights of the summer!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Zac will catch a snake with his are hands, but not touch a worm? Funny guy.

Chelsea said...

I am so glad you are in Young Womens! You will be such an asset to those girls! They are very lucky to have you.

Cheryl said...

You have such a bright, funny way of writing. Thanks for sharing your fun summer activities. Your descriptions of girls' camp and high adventure cracked me up because that conversation has happened at our house too!

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...