Tuesday, October 13, 2009

James's blogging debut

This is baby James corresponding live from IHC hospital and here is my story....
A while ago I heard the doc tell my mama that I should be born early (like the end of September early October). That is when I said to myself, heck no! I have football plans down the road and I need to be a big boy. I'll come when I am good and ready!

Then when my mom started to go way over her due date, she was not a happy lady:( And you know what they say about when mama ain't happy.
So, when my parents were about to get up for church on Sunday, I gave my mom one of my best kicks to help break her water. I figured it was pretty good timing right before sacrament. Plus, my dad could spend the day watching some good football games.
Soon my parents were off to the hospital. My mom was in lots of pain when she got her epidural at 11. I decided she needed something to use against me when I act up as a teenager:). The rest of the day she was pretty comfy.
About 8 pm my mom was dilated to a ten and it was time for her to start pushing. After about 2 hours I saw the narrow tunnel through which I was to enter the world and said, No Thanks! You will have to take me out another way! That is when the gruff old doctor decided to wheel the fam into surgery for a c-section.

This is a picture of my daddy right before I came out. I thought he was looking pretty spiffy. Like Dr. House on tv.

And here is my first picture! I love it. I am giving my best dinosaur roar and it shows what a big boy I am.
9 pounds 12 oz. I am the biggest grandchild to date!

Here I am getting all washed up so I can get my snuggle on.

My Gregory grandparents sent this hat attached to some pretty flowers for mom. I love supporting the team.

Here I am a day later with my uncle Andy. He owes me. I guess the Down family bet how big I would be and he got the closest at 9 pounds 14 oz. He is now $100 richer! He can buy me a bottle of formula later:)

Here I am hanging with the boys... uncle Jake, Zac, and Andy. They look pretty cool.

Here I am posing with my beautiful aunts, Heather and Katelyn.


This is my Mama. She is recovering quickly from her surgery. She says she has never been so content and is completely on cloud nine. She can't get enough cuddling with me and is so happy that I am such a happy healthy baby.

Here is one last picture of me and my daddy. Everyone says that I look just like him. I can't wait until I can spike my hair just like his.

I will be arriving home from the hospital soon. I am sure excited to meet everyone. Thanks for all of the love and support. Oh, and thanks for being patient with me coming so late. It was for the love of the game:)

Love,
Baby James

22 comments:

Heather said...

James, welcome to the family. You apparently have your father's eyes and your mother's knack for blogging. We are glad you made it here safe and sound.

brynn said...

Congratulations, Jessica! So sorry you had to have a c-section. Good luck with everything and let me know what I can do! Can't wait to meet that special guy!

Cheryl said...

Awesome first blog, James! Thanks for sharing your life story with your anxious fans. You are so handsome. Please take good care of those parents of yours and let your mom rest a lot. I look forward to meeting you in person really soon.

ColleenDown said...

Thank you, thank you for posting James. I needed someplace to send my friends to see what a cute guy you are!
Love,
Nana

Kas said...

Jessica, add me to your list! Congrats on baby James! We are expecting a little boy in February and can't wait! Is he your first? All my love and thoughts your way!! Congrats again!

LiNdS said...

He is SO beautiful! Jess bless your sweet heart. I can't believe you had to have a C-Section after all of that labor and pushing. But I am sure you have long forgotten the hard part now that you are getting your "snuggle on!" I can't wait to meet him and see you. Please let me know what I can do, and when you are ready for visitors!

Suzi said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys. I can't wait to meet James when we are home for Christmas.

Kadie Kinney said...

I can't believe you had to go through labor and THEN have a c-section. I hope you're doing okay, (and I'd totally make Andy buy you formula later, it gets expensive. Thank heavens for Costco!) Hope the recovery goes well! Congratulations!

MOLLY said...

ooooh, he is so sweet! and he is absolutely perfect. that's one good thing about a late baby is they are more alert and look a little more normal?! probably not the best choice of words. he is beautiful! the best times are to come.

Britney said...

WOW! So many surprises with this little one! Being overdue, long labor, then a c-section, and then to top it off with his wowwing weight! I'm so glad he is healthy and happy and you're both doing well, though. He is absolutely beautiful! And he is daddy's boy all the way (as far as looks go I mean). I can't believe such a big boy came out of such a tiny girl! Atta girl Jess! Way to hang in there and fight til the end. Best of luck with your new little bundle of joy. These first few weeks are the BEST!

cathyg said...

Congratulations John and Jessica! I am here to tell you that I can relate to Baby James' size...Timmy was 9lb. 10 oz. and 22 inches long! He will probably really tall, like Tim! We are so glad he's here and you are doing well! Can't wait to come see him!

Laura said...

YAY! Congrats to all of you! I am so glad he's finally here. Sounds like it was quite the adventure! And, gosh... you are my hero, Jessica, for carrying that big boy! He is ADORABLE!!! Hope you get some sleep at the hospital!

Chelsea said...

I am so happy that you chose some wonderful parents baby James!!! Jess you look gorgeous!

Audrey said...

COngrats! We are so happy he is here safe and sound. Glad to see Jess is doing great as well.

Abbie&Trevor said...

Oh my heck Jess... he is adorable and so BIG! I love how you did your cute post. Congrats to you and John. Being parents is the biggest blessing in the World. I can't wait to meet him!

Erin and Daryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin and Daryl said...

YEAY! JESSICA! You did it! Your an amazing person! and your a mom so now I can say your an amazing mom! How exciting for you and your husband! Lets do lunch. SERIOUSLY! Your baby is so dang cute. congratulations! I'm so happy for you because your final day's being prego are over AND NOW HE'S HERE. YEAY!

Isaac Family said...

He is such a sweet baby! Congrats you guys!

Brooke said...

Congratulations!!!!! I am so excited for you. He is Beautiful! Where did he come from you both are tiny?! Let me know when you want to go "BOB'ing".

Anonymous said...

MY NEPHEW IS SOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!! I love him so much already! He looks like a good combination of you and john. Congrats Jess! Our boys are gonna be best friends. If you need anything, please please let me know and I will find a way to get it to you. Gosh i miss you so much!
BFF
Kimme

Lindsay said...

Jess, sorry you had to get a C section! That bites! Glad to hear all is well though. He's so cute!

Our story said...

you are too cute.i love the blog post.congrats!I can't believe such a little body was carrying such a big boy.He is adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...