Tuesday, February 23, 2010


We had a ladies cross country ski day at Soldier Hollow in Midway. Ya that is right...move on over down hill because there is a new sheriff in town! And I'm crossing my heart... this is my new favorite sport and here is why....
  • Pretty much anyone can do it
  • It's a fabulous triceps, butt, and leg workout-tell me another exercise that does all those things and is actually FUN
  • It's a chance to get out of the mucky inversion. Note: sunshine in pics
  • You can rent a sled to pull your kiddos
  • There is NO WAY, you get cold, actually you should be worried about getting too HOT
  • You go at a slow enough pace to chat it up with your peeps
  • When you go down hill you put your skis in these grooves and it totally feels like a roller coaster. For reals it is an adrenaline rush
Soooo... if anyone is down for going, let me know, because I am totally up for going again... and again...and probably, again. But we are running out of time. Spring is on it's way and I will be welcoming it with bells on!

Aunt Cathy is demonstrating the roller coaster grooves your skis go into. SO.MUCH.FUN.


Just sled doggin it with James in his chariot.


Have I mentioned every time I get together with these gals I laugh for days. (john just said it's weird i call girls gals:)... Anyway, we had lunch at the lodge and everyone pulled out these gourmet lunches with canteens filled with homemade soups, salads, etc. Then my mom and me pulled out the exact same kind of grocery sack with a peanut butter sandwich, orange, and bag of walnuts. Yup, me and my mom relate. Anyway, my mouth was watering over the others lunches (and it made me think of John's not- so- great lunches I send with him to work..note, work on that). Luckily, my Aunt Cheryl came to my rescue. She whipped out a whole homemade pie. Another reason skiing with these girls totally rocks.my.socks.


So skier chic. My mom and aunts are quite the cross country experts. Oh, and one more thing; my nephew goes to a charter school at Solider Hollow and he gets to ski everyday at recess. Lucky kid.

13 comments:

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Anytime you want to come up and go I am game. I never thought I'd say this, but I am a little sad to see the snow melt. I haven't skied enough yet. (But not that sad.)

cathyg said...

There is still time! That was a fun day...I also love it when we all get togerher!

Erin and Daryl said...

Oh my gosh that is so cute, who knew you could be a puller for that baby! How fun! You are awesome and you look fabulous!

Brittney said...

ME ME ME. AFter I saw the first picture of you pulling that sled on Heathers blog I wanted to try it. I have never skied but I could totally do that right? It is almost worth a trip to Utah just to go. However, I have no winter clothes after moving here and you look so cute in your ski things. I keep thinking how much fun and what good exercise. Pulling my two toddlers would be awesome.
So how much does it cost to rent skis and a sled and all the snowbunny gear?

ColleenDown said...

Reading your blog is almost like living the day all over again--minus the pain in my triceps. I will share a PB sandwich with you any day Jessica--maybe we can stop at Kneaders next time though, that will show them! The pictures are a nice reminder that the sun really does exist-somewhere.

Cheryl said...

I loved every second of that day. it as so fun to hang out with all of you. I loved pulling James! Ok, there was that one hill I couldn't quite make it up with him, but you guys came to my rescue! And I felt I deserved a piece of that pie when we were done. Let's go again soon!

Laura Sellars said...

I want to go.....I am an Aunt too!

Romney said...

That was a fun day, but maybe next time I'll get skis that work!

Laura said...

Wow! How fun! What a great time to get together... I love how your mom and you had the same lunch! :)

Brittney said...

Jess, your snow things would probably fit my 3 year old manchild. But I will give James a mohawk anyway.

Michelle Wilkes said...

I'm game, but I don't know if I could ever keep up with all you Down girls! (Gals) But now I know your secret to staying so skinny!

Karisa Hadlock said...

Sorry, I am leaving so many comments. ANNOYING! Is this cross country skiing thing something an ameteur can handle? I am just about done nursing, which gives me the green light to start working out! Yay! It sounds way more fun than jogging.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...