Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Women's Spring Scholarship Auction...

Last time I posted about The Women's Club, our home's former owner happened to read it and gave me some good advice.  She said she had been in my shoes before then indicated that there are a lot of great charitable women in the club who are definitely worth getting to know.  She made some fabulous friends and encouraged me to stick to it.  So when I was invited to the spring brunch, I decided to pull myself up by my bootstraps, dust off my blow dryer, and buy myself a ticket.
 The country club was brimming with bright colors and beautiful flowers.  This sistah has never seen so much sweet iced tea.  
 The view from the balcony was breathtaking.  I really need to start golfing so I can spend more time in that lush green grass.
The Principal of the elementary school that James will attend gave a great little speech.  It made me excited that we live in such a close knit community where the Principal knows the parents.
 My friend from church who also lives in my neighborhood came along with me for moral support.  It is much easier to face a scary situation in twos! 
 This chocolate cake is reason enough for me to always attend the Women's Club socials.
Girl time, good food, and a reason to get dressed up is always a good thing.  I am glad I gave it another try.  On another happy note, my mamma will be here in the morning.  Can't wait.  

7 comments:

Cathy G said...

Jessica, you look beautiful!! Way to give it another try!! I am glad it was fun and I know you will have fun with your mom, she is always fun to have around! Love you!

Anonymous said...

You are one gorgeous pregnant woman! I love your outfit!

lulu said...

jess your little prego belly is getting as cute as last time around :)

Mike and Carla said...

Tim said the other day that he was glad John married you that you brought out the best in John. Carla and I feel likewise. John and James are lucky to have you. You are an amazing girl. Proud that you didn't let the "snotty" country club sect run you off. You look like you belong there.

Chelsea said...

Great outfit!!!!! Beautiful side kick James as well ;)

Heather said...

Good for you. I'm glad you had a partner this time around. You look like a million bucks.

Romney said...

Good for you for trying again! You look super cute too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...