Sunday, April 29, 2012

Please Describe Your Idea of a Perfect Date...

Remember when this question was posed to Miss Rhode Island in the Movie Miss Congeniality:

Stan Fields: Miss Rhode Island, please describe your idea of a perfect date. 
Cheryl "Rhode Island": That's a tough one. I'd have to say April 25th. Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.   (You can watch it here)


Well, I agree April 25th (or 27th rather)  really is the perfect date...as well as a great time of year to go on  an actual date with your man...
We cashed in the opera tickets I won at the Christmas auction Friday.  We opted for a romantic dinner at home this time.
James enjoyed the babysitter and a break from his parents.
And his mama loved a night out in the big city.


The Opera was Mary Stuart.   In a nutshell it was a true story about a royal cat fight between two British queens.
All and all I would say Mary Stuart was just meh (we find the opera soothes us to sleep instead of keeping us on the edge of our seats;)...But the weather wasn't too hot or too cold and I had a pretty hot date... And that made it just about perfect:)

9 comments:

Dave said...

John is way more cultured than I...ps, tried to hang my flatscreen and after 2 tries still isn't straight on the wall, just don't have those engineer genes.

Romney said...

I was jut honking the same thing as Dave..john is very cultured. Scott would not have agreed to that date! Looks like a nice date night though!

Heather said...

Ha ha, I love that line. I'm glad your April date was close to perfect.

Cheryl said...

We love cultural activities, but the Opera has never really qualified at our house. But, then again, sometimes it's not about the activity, but more about getting out and enjoying the company -- and it was free! How great!

And, you always amaze me that you can make even opera look great in a blog! You had some great skills. Love ya!

Chelsea said...

That's my favourite movie!!!! My perfect date is a day with myself the esthetician doing my facial the masseus doing my massage and strolling downtown ;)

Cathy G said...

Anytime you can get away and do something with just the two of you is good, right! Looks like fun to try something new! By the way, Romney says "Darn you auto correct! She was thinking the same thing as Dave...

ColleenDown said...

Glad you made it, glad you found a babysitter, glad I got to see where you would be going, glad we saw where those two bickering sisters were buried in London, Glad you found someone who likes to wear a suit a tie on a date!

Anonymous said...

how cool! you are so cultured! and I love everything you are wearing, especially the head scarf- so Bridget Bardot!

College Dating said...

Oh my! This is lovely! I love this perfect date idea. Stay in love. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...