Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Out of Africa...

Deep in the heart of the Houston Zoo is a zen like place that is silent, besides the sound of animals...At least for the first sixty minutes after opening.  The only thing better would be if We Bought a Zoo...and  maybe if Matt Damon was there to keep the cages clean;)







This is when John read that a Komodo Dragon can eat 80% of it's weight in one sitting... Then he added that lately his pregnant wife has been doing the same.  So true.

animated gif


 It is so nice to be out of the first trimester and back to being an early morning mommy. For me, parenthood is much more magic when you don't have to deal with the masses.
This clip is a bit anticlimatic, but he was so cute and excited about his monkey makeover, it is a memory I don't want to forget.

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

So sweet love your outfit! I always wanted to own a refuge for wild cats ;) maybe one day I'll start rescuing cheetahs and lions and move to the bush lol

Cathy G said...

Looks like another great adventure! Love the Monkey makeover, too!

Anonymous said...

out of Africa for sure, if I didn't recognize that lion I would think you were on a safari :) You are so stylish, even when pregnant-not fair!!!

ColleenDown said...

I love the picture of James looking at the monkey--so creative-what a great way to spend Saturday!

Erin said...

So much fun. And can I add you are one hot momma!

Heather said...

What a great zoo you have down there. The monkey is adorable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...