Thursday, May 10, 2012

Orange Crush...

 Morning bike rides, afternoon naps, home cooked dinners, play dates at parks, evening walks, relaxing in front of the tele before bed, family prayers...just a few of my favorite things.  Sure there are a few not-so-fun fillers in between, but overall we are fulfilled.
Lately James and I are addicted to going to our secret spot- the grown over old golf course across the way.  It fills my soul and makes me as happy as the hills of Snowbird once did. 

The banks of the ponds are on fire with wild irises.  

The butterflies seem to be getting less camera shy...or just more lethargic from the warmer weather.
Earlier this week we ran into this reptile guy on the bike path.  We played with him for a bit and then took him back to the water.  The next day we saw him in the exact same spot.  We just waved since it is apparent he prefers paved paths to the ponds.  

Lost balls from the near by driving range make for a nice treasure hunt.  





A Dixie Blue Iris.  If it was up to me, I'd follow in Beyonce's footsteps and name our baby after one of these.   Dixie Blue Gregory.

Today the doc said that my chances of miscarriage are pretty slim since I've made this far.  Ahhhhh:).... a thankful sigh of relief:)
Over halfway there.  Just one hot summer to go then we will see if James will have a brother or sister joining him in the bike buggy.  


We are sad our wonderful weather is coming to a close. The south hibernates from the heat like the west does from the cold in the winter.  Here is to keeping the summer blues at bay.

It turns out boots aren't just a fashion statement... they are also functional.   Snakes are also a fan of our secret spot.

When we are in these fields if feels like we are the only ones for miles.  A miracle considering we are surrounded by millions.   We hope y'all can join us for a bike ride soon:)  XOXO, Jessica

4 comments:

ColleenDown said...

These pictures are simply amazing Jessica--I am at a loss for words they are so beautiful and as everyone knows that is very, very rare. I will be returning here often. You have such an eye for beauty--although, I think all of us could have taken a cool picture of those gorgeous Irises. I hope that June/July is sooo hot in Texas that you simply MUST come somewhere else. Love you!

Unknown said...

You're such a talented writer and photographer. seriously. I was imagining myself there in Houston with you while I was reading. boy you made me miss it! Can't wait to hear what you are having!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved this post. the pictures are so pretty and make me feel like I'm there with you guys! you look amazing jessica! i can't even tell you are preggers. must be a girl this time, a small dainty little girl :) you can name her kimme.

Dad / Grandpa Down said...

Great pics and words as always! Hmmm, I like the ring of Tommy Lane but if I was a gambling man I would bet that it's a girl too. So, I joining Kimme's vote!

Dad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...