Sunday, May 6, 2012

Southern Living

My friend Thirza and I had a garden party in honor of May.  I recently discovered she has been collecting vintage dishes and linens since she was a teenager.  When I went to her home I was like a kid in a candy store.  I pretty much insisted we dust them off for an afternoon tea.  She turned out to be a garden party guru and put together a delightful brunch that would have put the southern queen Paula Dean to shame...
Thirza putting the last touches on the serving table.  

Her pretty dishes and linens.  She still has everything at my house and I am seriously considering splitting town with it all tonight. 

Cucumber sandwiches in honor of the lone star state.


An old fashioned bean bag toss to get the party started.
Perfect day for a picnic.
A party packed with sugar and spice and everything nice.  Tea parties really should be more of a priority for mamas.  What girl doesn't need a little more Paris in her life?
My friend Makana modeling a floppy hat.  Hats are a must for a brunch.  

Thirza's son Tyler is James's twin.
Mmmmm.
Bring on the water bill.  This is how I plan on surviving my summer with a bun in the oven. Lots of sprinklers.  


  I wish I could have zapped you all to our garden party.  Angel wings will be a perk when we have play dates in heaven someday:) Have a happy Sunday.  XOXO, Jess.

5 comments:

makana hansen said...

I agree w you about angel wings! I just loved the tea party... The hats, lemonade, sandwiches... But mostly the people there! I feel so blessed

makana hansen said...

I agree w you about angel wings! I just loved the tea party... The hats, lemonade, sandwiches... But mostly the people there! I feel so blessed

ColleenDown said...

Oh, I just got teary eyed because I ALMOST felt like I was there. Starting at the top-glad to see you are seeing the potential of those Texas stepping stones, I love the netting for the serving table, I will have to try one of those at our tea, then there is the sandbox--looks like we found the perfect place for it and making the firepit a table how clever of you. Everything looks lovely and delicious--and warm and green, I'm a little jealous on this freezing Sunday afternoon! Cheers!

Mike and Carla said...

Jessica, what a wonderful party and great pictures particularly of our grandson. It's obvious you can live anywhere since you make so many friends and have such a good time. Your backyard looks very inviting. I miss not living in Houston and it would be particularly great to live there with you, John and James. Hopefully, we can visit. Keep up the good work. We enjoy your blog each day.

Anonymous said...

I wanna come! How fun! You Southern girls really know how to have a classy play date! Your friends are all so pretty- I think I'm gonna start collecting fine china from now on just so I can host a party like that

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...