Monday, May 14, 2012

Blame it on the Rain

We tried to celebrate my friend, Thirza's, birthday with a girls night at the ballet Friday.  But the ballet Swan Lake turned into a literal lake when a flash flood waltzed through the amphitheater.  Word to the wise...They are serious when the weather channel issues severe storm warnings in the south.  I have never seen it pour so!  We were in quite the predicament and I seriously started to feel labor pains from how fast we had to run through the rain.  Though we are all still in the process of drying out, we can say it was a birthday party we won't soon forget.
 I am feeling very blessed that my camera is still functioning since I was wringing the water out from my camera strap.
James eating a soggy leftover cupcake from the night before.   

4 comments:

makana hansen said...

noooo! I can't believe you got rained out! I was wondering about that actually. And I am glad you didn't go int early labor, but if you end up going over your due date, now you know what to do! :)
And cutie James with his yummy treat... mmm mmm mmm

ColleenDown said...

I am just glad the camera survived! Sounds like quite the memory that night, just my experience in the "little" downpour was amazing! My lawn could certainly use one of these today....

Anonymous said...

looks like the west coast!!! that's too bad you got rained out- so glad the camera came out unscathed!

Aubrie West said...

blame it on the rain, ya, ya.

I can still see you singing that in your black honda on the way to Provo.

Ha ha! Oh the memories. :)

Love you girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...