Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Enjoying the Fruits of My Labor...


One of my favorite quotes is "necessity is the mother of invention."   I like to mix it up and say, "invention is a necessity of motherhood."  I am using the creative side of my brain as much as when I worked as a designer.  Being a stay-at-home mom requires daily ingenuity to keep James (and me) entertained.  Right now I am enjoying the challenge of finding a little art and adventure in the everyday… 
We went blackberry picking today for playgroup. 
You can tell by their faces that harvesting is hard work when you have little hands:)









Most of the time our adventures are more low-key and imaginary.


Two other friends and I are trading off doing our own preschool.  James's favorite part is wearing his daddy's backpack.
Mary Poppins was on to something.  Chalk really is a magical medium with munchkins.


http://picasion.com
Sharing the dewberries with daddy after work.
I am feeling lucky to have my dream job thanks to John sitting behind a desk all day.   I might have to make him a pie in appreciation.  Recipes anyone???  Have a berry good week (sorry, couldn't resist:)   Love, Jess

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

i love his haircut!! he looks so old!!!

Cathy G said...

I noticed the haircut, too, and love it! Such a cute boy! Wow, you girls are so good to play with your children! I was never as much fun as you are!

makana hansen said...

What a berry good post! lol!
I agree with every single word you wrote my friend. And you are a great mommy

Anonymous said...

cute cute cute! I love your hat and James's new hair style! It is probably much cooler in that summer heat. I miss you

ColleenDown said...

Right now I am enjoying the challenge of finding a little art and adventure in the everyday…

No one does it like you Jessica--I think we all wish we could be a little more Jesica-like in our lives. Even on this very challenging day, I am trying to find "the art" and adventure in it all. Thanks for being a constant reminder of this. I can't believe how much James "grew-up" with a simple snip of the scissors...and I can't believe that blackberries are ripe in May-what a garden of eden you live in!

Michelle Wilkes said...

You should be careful about putting the word "labor" in your post heading when you're in your condition. I got a little worried, cause I thought baby wasn't coming till September.
Those blackberries look amazing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...