Saturday, September 8, 2012

Reading for Two...

To keep my “baby brain” at bay I’ve been hitting up the Barbara Bush Library by our house.  I am liking that books are helping to give my back a rest.  Plus I decided it gives me the same high I used to get from shopping.  I can fill a whole suitcase full with beautiful books and I don’t even have to pay a cent.  All the book reading I want minus the buyer's remorse.   I love going home after and laying out all our finds on the coffee table and then spending the afternoon reading to James.  His favorite books have familiar characters he's seen on tv.  I am enjoying non-fiction books from the juvenile section.  Mostly because they are conveniently located on the kids floor of the library, they have beautiful pictures and they are easy to read yet surprisingly stimulating.   It is so fun learning about subjects and places I’ve always been fascinated with but haven't had time to read about until now.  I just finished a book about Thomas Edison, Communist China, Elizabethan England, and The World Health Organization. (A random assortment, but I have to redeem myself after my reality tv watching;)




 I was talking to my mom this morning about how time is moving like molasses.  She said I should read something steamy.  Any suggestions out there besides Shades of Grey?  That’s a little too hot  for this Houston heat;)  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, love Jess

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

I'm reading cleopatras biography it's very steamy ;) the book of negroes is amazing too !

ColleenDown said...

Oh you got my library gene..so glad! And to think you are going to the Barbara Bush library, one of my favorite ladies! So I spent the last half hour perusing the Amazon Bestsellers to buy you something but alas, you will have to choose your own. Let me know and I will send it from my account. Do you still read on a Kindle! Keep me posted. Cleopatra was on the Bestseller list Chelsea!

Anonymous said...

James is adorable! I wish I had some book suggestions for you (but we both know I'm not much of a reader)...try Keeping Up With The Kardashians...it's steamy reality tv :) P.S. I am DYEING to see the finale of the bachelor pad!!!

Chelsea said...

Colleen!! It's a great book! I wish I could go to libraries, I have to purchase my books I love seeing them on my shelf;))

Anonymous said...

I don't have a steamy suggestion but...Fablehaven by Brandon Mull is good. Fantasy and lots of fun. James will enjoy it in a few years.

Cheryl said...

I loved this post! I love reading juvenile nonfiction like that for all the same reasons. I especially love the beautiful pictures; that one with the bee is amazing! My best book suggestion is one I saw on Amazon called The Steamy Kitchen Cookbook: 101 Asian Recipes Simple Enough for Tonight's Dinner! I'd read it!

Sorry the time is going slowly. I'm pulling for you and reminding you how great it is to keep that baby in there. Love you tons!!

Anonymous said...

Mary Higgins Clark writes good mysteries that are easy to read, but hard to put down...they are not too "steamy" but often have a little romance.

Aunt Claudia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...