Thursday, January 10, 2013

That's the Way the Cookie Crumbles...

When it rains it pours...literally and figuratively thus far this new year.  A few days after the funeral Rissy came down with RSV.  She has had a high fever and trouble breathing since we returned home.  It has been deja vu from our first week of December, but this time she is much worse.  It is heartbreaking and the most stressful thing in the world to see your baby sick.
We have to use a machine to help with her breathing.  She has to do this every four hours for the next couple of weeks.  This week I've gained a new respect for motherhood and it being the hardest, most tiring, yet rewarding thing I've ever done.
They are not really blistered, but James does have red fingers from playing so much Lego Star Wars on the PlayStation.  What can we say, we are on survival mode trying to keep him entertained until his sister stops wheezing.   Believe me, he doesn't mind!
When I was close to exhaustion yesterday, Chinese takeout showed up on our doorstep.  Ordered from my mom in Utah.  It filled our tummies and raised my spirits before an another all-nighter.  According to my cookie (and Al Roker) we have brighter days ahead.  Thanks for the kind cards, comments, and facebook messages about John's dad and Rissy.  Love, Jess

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sad Rissy got so sick. It just doesn't seem fair. Ash, Annmarie and I are praying for her.

ColleenDown said...

I certainly hope the rain and the RSV move out of Houston really fast--definitely time to fire up the Netflix and cocoon! Glad you have two televisions--looks like James has plans of his own!

Anonymous said...

Keeping all of you in my prayers. Love, Aunt Claudia

Cathy G said...

I am so sorry your baby is sick! Your Mom is the best to send you dinner! Cool! Take care and we will pray for you and your family!! Love you!

Michelle Wilkes said...

Oh, I hate when babies are sick. Hang in there. I still think the best thing for sick babies is lots of cuddling and holding.

Anonymous said...

oh Jess! I feel for you, you must be so exhausted. I got your message the other day but we were in Vancouver going crazy at Ikea. I'll call you later. PS. that's so nice that your mom brought you dinner even when living in a different state!

Anonymous said...

oh Jess! I feel for you, you must be so exhausted. I got your message the other day but we were in Vancouver going crazy at Ikea. I'll call you later. PS. that's so nice that your mom brought you dinner even when living in a different state!

The Vreelands said...

Babies should not be aloud to get sick...huh? Good thing she has the best Mom ever to take care of her. I can't believe how big James is getting too...he is such a cute little boy!

Heather said...

That picture of Rissy with the nebulizer is so sad. I hope she perks up soon, and that you catch a break soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...