Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Butterfly Garden, a Grandma, and an Aunt...

Family visitors are like the butterflies that fly into our garden.  Their presence is always fleeting but the happiness they bring stays in our hearts. 
 Grandma Down and Aunt Laura came to Houston a few days after Christmas.  They always make me feel so special and loved and I look up to their examples. I will always cherish the memory of their visit...

This butterfly landed on Rissy and stayed for awhile.  Probably because she is so sweet:)

Aunt Laura is the Pied Piper of preschoolers.  James loves her and I appreciate her parenting advice so much.
It was so good to see Grandma Down who lives all the way in Oregon.  We love you both and are so glad you came when you did.  XOXO, Jessica, John, James, and Rissy.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so glad they got to go out there! I love the new blog banner.

Laura Sellars said...

You are such an amazing mom, a sweet niece, and a wonderful host and cook. I so enjoyed spending time with you and your family, being shown around and eating all that delicious food. Thank you for letting us float into your beautiful garden. Love you!

ColleenDown said...

I don't know who is losing more sleep over your camera not working me or you--glad you were able to get these pictures. I love the banner too and am anxious to figure out how you accomplished this. I will keep coming back here when I need to warm up!

SuzanneDown said...

Thank you so much for showing us such a good time. It was so nice to get acquainted with the new baby and see James again. You have a wonderful family and I appreciate all of you more than you know.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...