Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April Showers Bring May Flowers...

 Last week I grounded myself to the house determined to make some potty training progress.  It was a good time for it because John was in Romania and the weather was rainy.  Thankfully when I was about to go insane the sun would come out, we could pull out the training pants, and attend a couple parties...
We spent Easter at a friend of a friend's who owns a small golf course.  They were so generous and allowed us to ride golf carts around the course all evening.  James was on cloud nine the entire time.



My downtown friend  Erin throws pinterest worthy parties...With the most delicious food.  The theme was Candy Land.






I am so thankful we met Erin and Emilia at story hour almost two years ago!

James all tuckered out from the festivities.  As you can see, the kids had a little fun with magic markers  while the mamas socialized.
So far things have been drier at our house...if you know what I mean:)    Happy Spring friends and family! 

7 comments:

Cathy G said...

I think the Derby Girls throw great parties but that looks amazing! Love the markers on the legs! And I am happy for you that things are drier! Can't wait to see you again!

ColleenDown said...

Candyland a classic in every generation. I am glad you can still get out and about during John's absences. I am glad i got to meet Erin too, what a great friend--I would have fancied up the tea more had I known what an entertainer she is :-). Liking James"ink"--"sleeves" are so in these days looks like it is "pants" for his generation!

John said...

I love watching James having a good time so I am sad I wasn't there. Experiencing his joy through your blog is the next best thing though. Thanks so much for your efforts in documenting and sharing all the fun. You're an awesome wife and mother! I love you.

Heather said...

Whoa, great party! So nice that Easter happens in spring in your neck of the woods.

So how goes the potty training?

Erin said...

I'm so glad you guys could come! That was an awesome day!

Erin said...

You're hilarious Mrs. Down!

Erin said...

You're hilarious Mrs. Down!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...