Saturday, April 27, 2013

Love and Strawberries...

I feel like John always sees the worst of us when we chat online.  What is it about Skype that makes the sky fall?  Today's scene: crying baby, broken dishes, toddler in timeout, messy house, hungry unshowered mama.  By the time I pull it together John has been deep asleep for five hours on the other side of the world.  So I blog the better parts of my day to give him incentive to hurry home to us;)                                                             
Who could resist these chubby cheeks:)
Rissy is wearing my mom's baby dress.  I can't believe this is 50+ years old and still looks brand new.   I love it and I am sad her arms are almost too chubby for the sleeves.  
I change the words of The Napping House to Nana's House and use her animal's names.  James loves being a character in the stories we read.



We've jogged to the grocery store almost everyday to fill up on fresh fruit and get redbox movies. It has been such a nice simple week.
Tonight we made homemade pancakes with strawberry jam.  
Our Skype in the morning and my posts might not seem in accordance if a stranger put them side by side.  John and I both know our life is more a mixture of the two.  But I like the sunny side of the street for the blog.  It makes me happy:)  XOXO, Jess

2 comments:

ColleenDown said...

I don't think I have said this before :-) My favorite blog EVER!! Well since the last favorite one--maybe I am just a little prejudice. I am a little worried though how I became the snoring grandma in the napping house--i guess if the shoe fits--hmmm! Thanks for starting my day with a smile-

P.S. There is a reason Dad and I don't Skype! That way I just have to clean and get fixed up on the day he comes home.

John said...

Honey I love our Skype sessions - the good, the bad, and the beautiful (you at all times). I don't need any incentive to come home. With that said, I love your blog while at home and away and appreciate your efforts. Please continue to blog.

P.S. This post was great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...