Monday, April 1, 2013

Dinner and a Drive-in...

  This week a friend passed away from cancer leaving his young family behind.  He only found out six months ago and now he is gone.  It all happened so quick.  His loss and the fact that John has been traveling so much has helped me appreciate my family time more.  How bad my friend wanted to stay with his wife and kids towards the end.  It breaks my heart.
  In honor of those who don't have their health to live each day, I want to be better about not complaining about the small stuff.  I just want to be happy and grateful for my little lot in life.  That is kind of deep for and dinner and drive-in post, but these were just some of my thoughts that set the tone for a sweet Friday night. 
   Dinner was about thirty minutes from our house out in the country. The menu was full of heart attack inducing hamburgers, like a bacon burger between two donuts....As I type this I see that if we want to have more time with family we probably shouldn't make this place a habit:)
 This restaurant gives kid friendly a whole new meaning.  There was a tire swing by our table.
 I am infatuated with this sweet smiling girl.
We saw a double feature.  The Croods  and Oz.  It was James and John's first time at a drive-in--they gave it two thumbs up.  James even stayed wide awake through both movies.


Our little angel baby is six months old this week.  Have I mentioned I love this little lady.  XOXO, Jess. 

5 comments:

John said...

James didn't fall asleep during the movies but his daddy did. It's funny that I am the one with the early bedtime. Anyways, thanks for the fun night honey, hopefully we can go again soon.

Chelsea said...

My condolences :( life is too short. Beautiful family jessica

ColleenDown said...

I looked at your blog and then picked up a new book I got at the library called "What We Ache For: Creativity and the Unfolding of your Soul." She starts the book with talking about the death of a close friend and how writing about it helped her. She says, " As I write I feel both the futility of the words to change what is and how writing, my form of creative work, offers me a way to be with what is. Because who each of us is at the very deepest level of our being is capable of being with it all--the joy and the sorrow, the struggle and the ease, the fire of living and dying, and the ice of despair and desperation ." When I thought of your blog, it seemed like a great example of using your creativity, your photography, your artistry, to express "the fire of living and dying." You have an amazing gift and we all appreciate the fact that you take the time (because it takes a great deal of time) to share it with us and help us to connect our souls as one.

Love, Mom

BarbWitzke said...

Hi Jessie: I just love your blogs, comments and pictures. You have become so mature--what happened to my little Jessica?? Sure wish we could have seen you while you were in Utah. Let's plan ahead next time!
Love, Grandma

Heather said...

What a fun restaurant, and its awesome that you still have a drive in near by. I am sorry for the loss of you friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...