Thursday, October 9, 2014

Tommy Bahamas...Plus Grandmas Gone Wild...

Typical day in the Bahamas:
6:45 Watch the Sunrise
8:00 Cartoons and breakfast 
9:00 Lather sunscreen/pack diaper bags
9:30-12:00 Snorkel, build sand castles, and play in the pool
12:30 Lunch
1:00 Pay a visit to the Swiss pastry shop across the street
1:30-4:00 Naps and relax
4:00-5:00 Snacks and repack for sunset on the beach
5:00-7:30 Play in the sand, pool, ocean.
7:30 Dinner
8:00 Movie and popcorn
9:00 Prayers and bedtime
  I love staying in a Condo with a kitchen and a short walk from the water.  We don't have to rent a car because there is a grocery store down the street.  I would recommend taking kids to this spot in the Caribbean to anyone!  It is so relaxing! 
Tommy often cat napped under his Tommy Bahama cabana.
A sunrise swim.
One day we ventured on a bus to Orange Hill beach for some new scenery.

John watched the babies while Nana, Carla, James, and I went to the "Fish Fry."  It was a memorable night!!!
I've been craving this conch salad for three years now.  It is made with the critter that comes out of conch shells.
This is when our low key Caribbean vacation got CRAZY.  The Junkanoo performers turned out to be more like Magic Mike dancers than the kid friendly cultural experience we thought we were there to see.  Carla said she has never blushed so much in her life.  
There are so many awesome captions for this, but I will just leave it at "Nana getting her groove on:)"
James met a little girl at dinner and danced the night away with her.  I have no idea where he gets his  moves;)
The cab ride home was hilarious.  Carla was cracking the funniest jokes with the driver about our wild night.  It was mostly a "had to be there" moment.  When we walked in the condo from our adventure we were practically crying from laughing so hard.  John was a little taken back.  I caught some of the cab ride on camera and I am posting it for a rainy day when I need a good laugh.  Carla, I hope you don't mind;)  Seriously, such a funny memory! 


Our one family adventure was to the island Zoo.   We practically had the place to ourselves.  The birds and gardens were beautiful.  It was a serene morning.

Zoo personnel train the flamingos to march.  I loved it when their instructor would tell them to "pick it up" if they weren't moving fast enough.  I wish I could train my two year old to follow my orders so succinctly. 

One of our favorite activities was feeding parakeets apples.





Rissy is a tough chicca.  She didn't even mind having a bird on her head.  



Family flamingo stance.



A picture from a stop at our favorite Swiss shop. 
  I love enjoying nature with Nana!  My mom and I saw some incredible sunrises together and had some nice talks and walks on the beach.  







We definitely ate better this time around to the Bahamas!  Our moms know how to whip up an amazing meal out of small means.  










I could wright a psalm about this palm.  I must have a hundred pictures of this spot!  I hope Tommy can some day toddle up and down this beach just like his big brother and sister. 

1 comment:

ColleenDown said...

Well you could not have done a better job of capturing our week-and some things are even funnier the second time around! You have some gorgeous pictures! thank you for all your hard work and all the time it took to post and share these. Fortunately, I was able to get my haircut from hell repaired once I got home!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...