Thursday, October 2, 2014

Back to the Blue...

The prevailing winds blew us back to our favorite spot in the Bahamas for a two week tropical retreat.  Cable beach is as picturesque as a post card and I will never get enough of the pink and purple skies.  This trip was very special for our family because Grandma Gregory and Grandma Nana tagged along. 
 We left dark and early. 3:30 am to be exact.  I actually like leaving in the middle of the night. The airport is more peaceful, and the view from the plane window always reminds me of Care Bear's Care-a-Lot.
 Grandma Gregory bought the kids matching OU apparel so we could represent at the airport.  We got a lot of comments on how cute they looked.
 A shout out to screen time.  How did parents do airports before iPads?
 This is Grandma Gregory's and James's room.  Nana came a few days later and roomed with Rissy.  
 We were so happy to finally arrive after a long layover in Atlanta.  We immediately put on our swim suits and walked out to the beach.  
 This picture says it all.  Happy to be on an "island in the sun."  Can you tell how much my kids love Carla?!
 John went out snorkeling and found starfish for the kids to hold.
 Three years later and we have two more kids in tow.  We've been blessed in Texas.
These kids loved that the condo had cable so they could catch up on their favorite cartoons.

  Getting three kids sunscreened, suited up, and out the door is no small task.  I appreciated having extra helping hands after a summer of doing it myself!


 There are so many fun discoveries for kids at the beach.  There was something new everyday.




 James and Rissy love riding our backs Shamu-show style.

 We stayed at the Condos next door to the one we stayed at before.  This place was very family friendly and the staff was so nice!
 One day snorkeling in the pool we found a live crab at the bottom.  It was unexpected:)


 Thanks to Tommy's internal clock I was able to watch the sunrise every single morning.  It was so serene and special to see with my smiling baby. 


A couple of posts ago I said I must have been a mountain goat in another life because of my love of the mountains.  Scratch that.  It was a mermaid, definitely a mermaid:)

3 comments:

ColleenDown said...

I don't think I would believe these pictures are real, if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes! I still wonder if I was just in a Truman Show! Love how you captured so much of our wonderful week! (Where is our dancin' Jamaican though :-)

Steve Down said...

Jessica,

You are an amazing photographer and mama!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Dad
Grandpa
Steve

Anonymous said...

Come on Colleen. The dancin' Jamaican was suppose to be a secret!
What a guy! I also loved Riss runnin' down the concourses; James and I headin' to bed early; trickin' Tommy with the pacificer and, of course, the market experience with Colleen. "How much ya want to pay, Honey?" What a fun trip! Family was the best part! Taxi drivers were fun too. Oh! and the sweet shop! Carla

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...