Monday, September 29, 2014

Heber Hiking and Happy Valley...

While in Utah we stayed with Heather.  Heber feels like a town from the fifties and the air is so fresh and crisp.  I would love to retire there someday.
Eli and James were recharging their superhero powers in a play toaster oven.
Reading before naps.  I can already tell this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.  

Hotdog roast up the canyon.  My kids were in heaven.  

I love it when I happen to have my camera and capture candid moments like the ones below.  This was James's first self-made s'more. He shared his second with his little sister.








We also took our kids on a tour of our old stomping ground.  We are trying to brainwash our kids into going to BYU.  "This is where you will go to meet your spouse someday."
We hiked to the Y.  I love the view from the top.  We have so many happy memories in the valley below!
A trip down memory lane...the BYU bowling lane.  John and I had our first date here.  Nine years later and we have three kids...one the size of a bowling ball.  James really loved it.  It was one of his highlights of our Utah trip and possibly the entire summer.
One of my highlights was hiking with my dear friend Abbie.  She is a friend who makes me want to be a better mama.  
I am still on cloud nine from our nice time in Utah.  We saw several more friends and family but didn't get photos.  Good thing we will be back before we know it.  I would love to take James spring skiing!    XOXO, Jess

2 comments:

Heather said...

That picture of the two girls is great! We are always so glad to have you come visit. Love you!!!

ColleenDown said...

Aaah, I missed the Heber outings! So fun to see all my grandkids in one post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...