Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Thank you for the fabulous 31st birthday!

I had a great 31st birthday.  It was a much easier milestone than turning 30 for me. The day of my birthday, John made me this pretty cake, bought me an upgraded version of my Canon Rebel, and my little brother arrived in Houston to help me fly to Utah.
 John stayed home an extra hour in the morning so I could go on a morning walk with James to see the sunrise.  James picked me this flower for my birthday.  
I am lucky to have such a sweet husband and family!

We showed James I mean Jake, (I always get their names mixed up:) some Houston sights.  Then we were off to Utah...
My mom gave me a garden party for my birthday.  It was so nice to see old friends.  I follow most of these gals on facebook and instagram so were able to pick up right where we left off.  It was so fun and I didn't want the evening to end.   

I met these gals at BYU Hawaii over ten years ago.  Where has time gone?!
Thank you Heather and mom for the beautiful table decor and delicious meal!  Having a girls night with some of my favorite people was revitalizing! 
These ladies all have so much style and class and are great mamas.  Thank you gals for getting sitters for the night and coming out!  It was so good to see you all!
 Also, thank you Grandma Witzke, Grandma Carol, Nan, Carla, and Aunt Claudia for the sweet birthday cards.  I appreciate the thoughtful messages so much!
And last but not least, my dad took me for a birthday lunch at Tsunami Sushi.  I am sad I didn't get a picture.  I love spending time with him and it was nice of him to fit me in his busy schedule.
This birthday I felt especially blessed.  XOXO, Jess

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...