Saturday, November 8, 2014

From London with Love...

I told John to take lots of pictures for me while he was on his business trip in London.  His response was, "I've already taken pictures of everything there is to see on my last two trips."  I got mad at him and said he better send me something, even if it was just of a fancy chandelier in his hotel lobby.  If I am holding down the fort, I want photos to tide me over till it's my turn.  He didn't disappoint.  I may be biased because most of these feature the father of my children...But I've never seen London look so lovely...
This is a temporary installation at the Tower of London. Nearly 900,000 ceramic poppies were planted - one for each British and Commonwealth death in WWI.  What a beautiful and somber way to remember their sacrifice. 
 Oh how I would love to go to London in the Fall!...And while I am dreaming, wear a tweed coat out of Princess Kate's closet.  

On Sunday John attended sacrament meeting and then did some sight-seeing.  He had brunch at a Harrods cafe.
 John went above and beyond taking pictures of a Hotel Chandelier.  He even did some posing. 

 I couldn't pick between these two similar Big Ben pics, so I am posting them both.  This one features the London Eye ferris wheel in the background.
 And this has a red iconic double decker bus.  
 The houses of Parliament.
John was lucky to be in London (this is Trafalgar Square) on such a "blue bird" day.  


 St. Paul's Cathedral
 John giving a shout out to James.
 John and his colleague rented bikes and rode through Hyde Park. 


 I took this exact picture at the Tower of London when I went with my mom and sisters.  It made me smile.  


John has figured out the panoramic mode with his iPhone.  He took this at the National Gallery.  This series of paintings shares a portion of the story of Joseph when he was sold into slavery in Egypt.  It is a favorite of James.
 The British Museum.  
 Another testament of Noah's flood.  John 10:16 "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd."
The London skyline at sunset looks breathtaking and romantic!  Hopefully the stars will align and someday we will see this city as a couple.  Until then we will enjoy singing "London Bridge is Falling Down" in our living room for family night.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...