Sunday, November 9, 2014

Halloween From Our Corner of the Web...


We had a lot of costume changes this year for Halloween.  But that isn't different from any other time of year.  My kids love to dress up.  It doesn't matter what day it is.  James has a hard time understanding why I wont let him wear his vampire costume on an airplane and Rissy loves wearing her older brother's clothes all over town, so Halloween is a nice break from the weird looks we usually get at the grocery store.  
For the ward trunk or treat, my kids collaborated and went as a pair of pirates.

Tommy didn't dress up.  My mom says that is what happens when you are a third child.  Ha ha.  So true.  I am sure his brother and sister will soon be dressing him up so we have plenty of time to make up for it.
Fall can now be found here in Spring, Texas.  It just has to be searched out.
Walks around the block are so "bootiful" this time of year.
 My kids love making and decorating cookies.  Thanks for the Halloween cookie cutter Nana and Grandpa.  


For our Halloween activity (that was more for me than the kids), we went to see where Howard Hughes was laid to rest.  We met my friend Makana and her four kids there.  Glenwood cemetery was  gorgeous, the weather was wonderful, and we found a nice corner of the graveyard where the kids could explore and not wake the dead.
 Makana has kids the same age as mine, but she had twins after I had Tommy.  She hasn't let that slow her down.
 A few families from church met at our house to Trick-or-treat.  The more the merrier...or scarier!  By the way, James is the ninja turtle.
This was Rissy's third costume change of the day.  She spent half the day as Buzz Lightyear, changed to a puppy dog, and then as we were walking out the door she insisted on being a ballerina.  With the jean jacket she kind of looked Sixteen Candle-ish.
Our tiny dancer trick-or-treated the night away and outlasted most of the older kids.  And then passing out candy was icing on the cake.  Once a year our normally quiet neighborhood gets a million kids.  It is a nice change.  
Now that the cobwebs have been cleared we can move on to Christmas:)  

2 comments:

ColleenDown said...

Oh dear, what happened when you ran out!! I love Prissy Rissy--she is the perfect Buzz-Ballerina. Spring looks like the perfect place to celebrate Fall. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love that Ninja Turtle suit...I wish I had one! Cutest Grand kids in the entire State of Texas!

Dad
Grandpa
Steve

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...