Thursday, May 13, 2010

On the Road Again...


John had to work in AZ so we ventured down early to do a little sightseeing in the southwest...


We picnicked most meals to save on mula...Sandwiches for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...mmmm...I am happy as long as I am with my hunnies.


pleased to be out of my parka and into the sunshine.


This is where we stayed. It was sweet!!! I'd never have known about this place if John hadn't stayed here previously for work... Here is why you should go on a road trip and stay at the Cameron Trading Post ASAP...

We only paid $70 bucks a night and the rooms where clean, comfy, and had some serious southwestern flare.


The garden was a little oasis in the desert. Completely unexpected from a cheap motel in the sagebrush.




I knew that we would be eating some tasty fry bread when we walked in the motel restaurant and it was packed with Native Americans.

I went wishful shopping at the trading post. It was packed with authentic Navajo souvenirs. These are the things I would have bought if I was one of the rich Europeans passing through.


So it turns out the GRAND CANYON isn't just a clever name! It was GARGANTUAN and absolutely breathtaking!!! There were people from all over the world that traveled so far to see it and it is practically in our backyard.




The building in the background was designed by a woman in 1906. Awesome. Her name was Mary Colter and she was the main architect/interior designer of the buildings in the park back in the day. Holla! I wasn't expecting such girl power at the Grand Canyon. I will be checking out a book about this inspiring chica soon .

Fact: This bridge is over 100 years old... it doesn't carry cars anymore but carries John's pipeline.

Tourists asked to stop and take our pic on our hike. I guess they don't see many babies in backpacks... or at least way cute babies.


This view is one of the many reasons I am wild for the the West.

This is what happens when we apply sunscreen to my babies hair. So stylin'
The Grand Canyon was the perfect way to spend my first Mother's Day. I think I might be praying for pipeline problems in this area so we can head back down south really soon!

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

southwestern flair is an understatement!!! :) you look amazing!

Britney said...

How fun! I've never been to the Grand Canyon, but now I know where to stay when we do go. Thanks! And your handsome lil guy looks more and more like you the older he gets. You have such a cute family :)

Erin and Daryl said...

Jessica, what a fun time! Your son of course is so adorable, I want to pinch those cheeks. Lastly I just have to say you look fabulous after having a baby. That is probably why they wanted to take pictures because your one hot mama

Laura said...

How fabulous! Looks so fun. I've never been, and this makes me want to go.

ColleenDown said...

I miss James! (Of course we miss you too) Thanks for the pics! I think that you are becoming a desert girl and after this weekend, I am becoming a beach girl!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...