Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Produce Power!

I love it when my blogging peeps post mommy advice, recipes, consumer tips, etc...
So I am blogging it forward with a tip my sister introduced me to last month... The fabulous Community Food Co-op... the Co-op pulls every one's mula to have greater purchasing power from the farmers. Then people volunteer their time to cut down on distribution costs. The result is lower priced produce. Last Saturday I picked up my box filled with 7 different fruits and veggies for only 10 bucks! And it made me learn how to cook a cabbage... since it sort of came with the other stuff:)
The last day to make your purchase is this Friday, May 7th. Then you pick up your food at a local church a couple weeks later... the website explains more.
Hope this is helpful and makes you as passionate about your produce as me:)
Peace.

2 comments:

Heather said...

So what did you make with your cabbage. Mine is still chilling in the fridge. Thanks for the reminder that I need to place my order today.

KRiSTiN said...

I wanna hear more about this one---I recently ordered from another co-op called Bountiful baskets. It was $15, but I got quite a bit of fruits and veggies! We'll have to talk about this one---I want to do some comparison shopping!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...