Sunday, August 22, 2010

27 Birthday Recap

My mom made a delightful and scrumptious tea party for me in her garden. I felt like I was back in Paris...It was so very Versailles.

We were trying to decide what would give me the most birthday bang for my buck when we noticed a country concert going on at the amphitheater across the street. So we walked over and bought a couple of tickets and enjoyed a fabulous concert with a had been who could seriously still hit the high notes. We enjoyed a whole row to ourselves because hardly anyone was there.
James climbed from the bottom step to the top and was so pooped out by the end he slept pretty much through the whole show.

The summer night weather was perfect, the view of the city below was fantastic, and John as my date was the icing on the birthday cake... and sometimes I think to myself, what a wonderful world:)


We went mountain biking with Heather and Dave for the first time! It was so much fun but much more intense than I ever thought it would be. It takes serious guts to go down hill.


This is the betty John bought me for my b-day present. A William Sonoma Gelato maker. It concocts the most delicious bowl of ice-cream I've ever tasted in about 20 minutes with only milk, sugar, and cream. It's pretty much magic. I love Gelato because it is like ice cream's less fattening sister. And it always looks so dang pretty at the shops.
And the grand finale to my b-day weekend festivities was a fish dinner at my favorite restaurant.
I love birthdays. especially when you don't have to spend them at work and you feel like you are twelve again. Thanks everyone for making it such a special day.
.

7 comments:

MOLLY said...

must be nice to LOOK twelve too! you and your sis look like teenagers, how are you 27?! so jealous. glad you had such a fun bday!

jessica&john.com said...

ha ha! Thanks Molly. We mostly look like we are twelve in our chests! Oh well.. The joys of nursing:)

Britney said...

Happy Birthday Jess! I'm so coveting your gelato maker right now. Gotta love gelato. Glad you had such a fun celebration!

The Vreelands said...

Happy Birthday! We do need to get together soon to have some fun. What are you doing next week?

ColleenDown said...

You don't look twelve!! In in chest or anywhere else-you are a beautiful woman who just improves every single year!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday. Glad to be able to share in the day with you.

Abbie&Trevor said...

Happy birthday Jess. As you know I am a terrible blogger and never get to posting comments. I am so happy you had such a wonderful birthday. You deserve the best:)
Love you....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...