Sunday, August 29, 2010

BBQ


We said Sayonara to our good friend Audrey with a friend/family bbq. They moved Monday to the land of the Beatles and the Beckhams where Tony will be a dentist for the Air Force for the next three years. She will be missed, but hopefully she can host our next fish fry (with chips) in her beautiful British abodeJ


In high school we all drove to school in Audrey's car that we lovingly named POC (Piece of Crap).
It was such a beater but some of my best high school memories were with these gals in that car.
We even had a song for our little carpool club that went like this...
We are the Girls of POC you see, Heather, Lindsay, Audrey, Me.
I think that we all met by fate
because in life we really relate
Audrey drives She is a Hon
Heather always has shotgun
Lindsay makes driving so much fun
Jessica eats her breakfast on the run
So as we drive to be a hawk,
we won't forget our mascot, POC!
Brian and John getting ready to launch the candy from the cannon.

The food was finger-licking, foil-licking good...literally... I licked the foil that the salmon was cooked in! And just may have had to buy a pregnancy test because John started to think I might have been eating for two. It turned out that I was just really hungry and the food was THAT good. ... I will be wearing my new Miley Cyrus skinny jeans this winter:)

The Junior POC-eteers patiently waiting for candy launch.

Family Photo. Propabably only one of five we have with the three of us. Note to self: take more gregory family photos.

James is clapping like crayzay and his first word is a high pitched "Yay!" I walked over to the amphitheater the other night with James so we could hear a couple of songs of a Bluegrass concert for his night time lullaby. He clapped and screamed yay the entire time we were there. He has obviously officially developed his hearing because my singing doesn't seem to bring out the same cheering that the concert did:( Sad day. At least he still thinks I can dance:)

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

sad, happy and jelous! wish I could have been there

Heather said...

What great friends we had and have!

ColleenDown said...

It puts a big smile on my face to see you girls together again, it also makes me smile to think of Katelyn and her school friends hanging together ten years from now! (Hopefully, she will find a driver friend quickly)

Anonymous said...

So nice to see all the girls together again! James is so adorable, don't fell bad about the singing... the other night Cassius was crying so I asked if he wanted a song and he said yes so I started singing a Beyonce's Halo (a song that I feel I can sing superior to any other) and he said 'NO NO NO! DADDY SONG!!!' so chris took over and Cassius closed his eyes and went to sleep. Kids...so ruthless!

Romney said...

I haven't looked at blogs forever and you have so many posts!! Looks like you had a good birthday and a good trip to Price! LEt's get together soon!

Unknown said...

how fun! wish i could have been there to wish her well too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...