Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Paris


Paris was as pretty and as picturesque as every postcard I’ve ever seen! The architecture…the romance of the city-scape…the marvelous artworks…the culinary experience of the cafes…. It will be years before my soul soaks in everything we were able to see and experience.

To observe the masterpieces I studied about in college and to walk where artists were inspired was surreal. And the shoes!!! They could have been chiseled by Michelangelo himself!

After hearing all these years that the Mona Lisa was a disappointment I was pleasantly surprised by its size and beauty.

I was so lucky to go with my mom and sisters who were so motivated to pack in as much of Paris as humanly possible. We woke up before sunrise and came back every night after the midnight sparkling of the Eiffel tower. Yup, right when I thought Paris couldn’t get any more perfect, the Eiffel tower started to sparkle like a diamond from De Beers.

At the Louvre, I was looking at a painting of a baby when I became completely homesick for James. I felt like a horrible mom for leaving my baby for so long. Then my mom told me of an analogy of mother birds leaving their nests to find twigs for their homes. She said, just like birds, moms need to leave their homes occasionally to gain experience and expound their horizons in order to be better teachers and caregivers. So from that point on I told myself James was in good hands and I let Paris be my playground for 5 perfect days. I will be forever changed by this sublime city in France . A Bientot! -I’ll be back soon.




12 comments:

ColleenDown said...

Oh you captured it!! It almost brings me to tears reliving it. Thanks for posting. I bought a book today called "Paris." We will always have you to thank for the artistic pictures!

Chelsea said...

amore, amore, amore!!!!! WOW, what an experience! I am glad i can live vicariously through you and your mums infinite wisdom!

Aubrie West said...

Wow! Tres jealous! Looks like you had such a great experience, way to go. Miss you, call me when you recover and spend the time you need with your family.

lulu said...

Loooooved all the pictures! All these pictures make me want to visit again soon! Looking forward to pictures from London as well :)

Britney said...

Wow...I'm speechless! What a neat trip to go on and with your mom and sisters! How fun and exciting! I'm jealous. Glad you were able to get away for a bit :)

MOLLY said...

je voudrais une omelette. that's about all i could say en francais oh, et j'adore les photos beaucoup!!!!

Romney said...

Looks like an Amazing trip! I can't wait to hear more about it!!

Kadie Kinney said...

Oh that makes me want to travel so bad. I was only in Paris for 3 days when I went, but you captured it all so well. I'm glad you had a good time and got to go with your family! So fun and I'm SO jealous. :)

Michelle Wilkes said...

(sigh...) I really need to get there someday...

cathyg said...

Love the photo collages! I can't wait to talk to you all about the trip! See you soon!

The Vreelands said...

It looks like you had a blast! Looking at all the yummy food makes me hungry. :)

Anonymous said...

You four girls look gorgeous! What a cool experience that must have been, and what great advice from your mom. I love that blue scooter! We definitely need to go together :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...