Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Art of Being a Kid...


When you were a child did you ever think to yourself, “when I am an adult I am not going to forget what it is like to be a kid." Well I may have broken my promise a smidgen. Middle school, crazy coworkers, and the evening news can take its toll. Thankfully I have three kiddos around the house this week to remind me about the simpler things in life that I have seemed to forgotten over the past seventeen years...

  • Like the art of eating an Oreo... taking the cookie apart and savoring each separate piece.
  • Spontaneously telling someone you love them right when you are feeling it for no special reason at all.
  • Swimming till your eyes are swollen from the chlorine and not giving a care to your newly highlighted hair.
  • And last but not least...Cherishing the fine entertainment of Chuck E. Cheese

Hopefully, after this week, I will be a little closer to keeping my pledge. Now, a quote from my pal, Pablo...

"Every child
is an artist.
The problem is
how to remain
an artist once
we grow up."
Picasso


















3 comments:

ColleenDown said...

Life always looks so much more exciting through your camera lens--I think I will go unpack my easel!

Dave said...

I take offense at the co-worker comment

Heather said...

I am almost...but not quite...tempted to tell my kids about Chuck E Cheese after this post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...