Saturday, November 27, 2010

Turkey Day Vacay...


This Thanksgiving we decided to take a getaway to warmer weather, so we packed up the car and headed to Cali. We spent a few days in Vegas where we met John’s brother, Tim, and his wife, Catie.

I love Las Vegas mostly for the lights...literally... the LED’s, LBL’s, sconces, and the custom chandeliers around every corner. Thousands of fixtures that would flip any designers switch. Sadly, though I didn’t get to see much of the strip because James’s sickness took a turn for the worse. So while Tim, Katie, and John took in the sights I stayed in the suite with my little man, had a photo shoot, and watched Sister Wives...

Here is our Hotel Home thanks to John’s Holiday Inn points from working on the pipeline all summer. It was a pleasant surprise since I was picturing a place like we stay at in Price...which wasn’t exactly this nice!






Chilaxing with our sick little guy in our suite.

lounging Las Vegas style


dinner at Downtown Disney


Thanks to Disney Dave we only paid $200 for 2 two-day park hopper passes.
Also at Disneyland, if you have a youngster ask for a rider switch pass from the workers at the front of the lines. Then only half your party has to wait in line and then after they ride the others can go in through the exit without a wait. More details here.
And my last tip, I found out they have the nicest baby changing and feeding center that made even diaper duty Disney-ish.













I think It's a Small World was my favorite ride. It had me at hello with all of it's special holiday season Decor.








I don't want to candy coat our trip to Cali with a sick, grouchy toddler too much. It was a lot of work for all four adults! But from all the photo-ing you can see we still had a fun time, and despite all the Dimetapp, we’d do it again in a Mickey Mouse minute!

5 comments:

The Vreelands said...

I was thinking about you on Thanksgiving and hoping you guys were having an awesome time on your trip. It looks like it was a lot of fun. We had fun too, but like you said it was a lot of work. It is kinda strange because the further away the trip gets...the more fun it seems. :)

lulu said...

such fun pictures jess! you were definitely missed on thanksgiving but i'm glad you had a fun vacay with your cute little family :)

ColleenDown said...

James looks so much older wearing tennis shoes. I am going to have to try and hide this post from Katelyn who is threatening to hitchhike to California this week. The orange trees and sunsets will be too much for her on this snowy morning.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Cassius would have LOVED to meet Buzz! He loves Toy Story soooo much. We want to take him next year, I hope the Toy Story characters are still there :) Looks like you guys had fun. It seems like Murphy's law that kids get sick at the worst times...but I can't think of a better place to be when feeling under the weather!

Cathy G said...

Your Disney pictures are so much more artsy than mine! I might have to take some of yours! It was fun to run into you! See you soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...