Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Wrapping up a wicked weekend...


Welcome to November my blogging peeps! I know everyone is probably sick of this holiday and ready to move on to more turkey-er thoughts...but in order to keep things current on this bloggigidy blog, here is one last hurrah to our Halloween weekend....

My good friend, Abbie, had a midnight margaritas party based off the movie Practical Magic. I haven’t seen the movie yet but it has been Netflix-ed and I have a feeling it will be just my cup cauldron of tea. We didn’t quite make it to midnight and we were too full to gulp down any margaritas, but it was still a witchen way to spend the weekend. I love these women and felt honored to spend my Saturday with these spunky sisters.


I love Abbie’s chic witch wear.


James thought carving a face out of a vegetable was a little wacky... and lol funny.

James giving the pumpkin a little pucker.

Trick or Treat!

As you can see... James wasn't exactly stoked about being stuffed into a six string. Even a sucker didn't sidetrack him enough for a photo op.


Did Halloween seem a bit like the movie Ground Hog Day to any one else? It was like three weekends straight of ghost and ghouling... But, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t love every bit of it....and every last bite of the countless cookies I ate.


Sunday we spent the evening at the Sommer’s for a scary and scrumptious All Hallows Eve supper.

The menu included: a veggie tray stray...

severed witch fingers...


an oh-so-cheesy jack-o-lantern...

mashed potato ghosts...

and worms on the rocks.

Such a boo-tiful little thing!

Sayounara to such a spooktacular season.
Now, It's time to turn on the tinsel tunes:)

7 comments:

ColleenDown said...

This blog looks like a magazine spread--maybe you should start a magazine--I will write if you will take the pictures--hmmm!

Laura said...

I love all the pics. Your witch costume is too cute.. I mean scary! :)
James was certainly a cute little guitar!

cathyg said...

Looks like a fun end to Halloween season! I liked your name for the vegetable "stray"! Great photos, as always!

Dave said...

Looks like there were lots of witch fingers, some made it up here!!

The Vreelands said...

You guys totally lived up this Halloween season!:) James looks super cute in his costume. It was so great to see you and get to hang out with you the other day. Thanks for putting up with my toddler. Let's get together again soon.

Abbie&Trevor said...

Love your post... As alway. You are Wonderful Jess!!! Thanks for coming the the Witch Party... You are just one of the sista's. I also love your Halloween food. Great ideas.

Anonymous said...

Alright. Your blog is starting to resemble those Christmas cards we get every year from the most perfect families! You are so cool Jess! I wish I was as creative as you with all of the Halloween celebrations :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...