Thursday, November 3, 2011

Night at the Museum

Heaven knows I love being a wifey, and mamma. But sometimes I crave a crazy girl’s night out. And I’m not talking about book club or bunko. I also don’t need to party like I’m Paris Hilton. But cross my heart and hope to die, an occasional fun night with my high heels, gal pals, and a good bowl of pasta, and my homemaker humdrums can be shaken for a month.

This is my last post from when the Russell’s were here. I love that posting pictures prolongs our play-date...in cyberspace anywayJ Kimme and I went to the city for a wild night out on the town while our hubbies stayed home with the babies.

We snuck into a private opening and banquet at the art museum. Ahh, how I’ve missed our mishaps and adventures we used to get into in high school. It was so nice to have a night to be spontaneous with my sister in crimeJ
Next we dined under the stars on a little Italian fare.

This is our MIP picture. But instead of scoping out a dangerous spy I was zooming in on the dessert plate.
I was wondering why Kimme kept looking over my shoulder all night;) J/k I am sure she was just being reminded of Chris.
Future note to self: When an Italian waiter raves about the Prosciutto, don't get it! Though it looks pretty and sounds scrumptious, it is 2 year old raw meat that is too salty for your unrefined pallet.
The best part of going out is by the end of the night, I am always anxious to get home to my boys. Thanks for the fun girl time Kimme. We might have to skype another such night in the near future. Are any art exhibits opening on the island:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what? it's raw??? well, that's like hearing it was two years old all over again! that was a fun night- loved the 'censored' picture, and to my defense...it was like a train wreck- I just couldn't look away!

Heather said...

I am jealous of your adventures and your style. Can't wait to see you in a couple days.

ColleenDown said...

Thanks goodness for girlfriends--I have walking friends, laughing friends, pottery friends, and philosophical friends--I need a museum friend! We will need a girls night out while you are here!

makana hansen said...

ok, we need to hangout!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...