Monday, January 30, 2012

Grandpa Gregory

On Wednesday we rushed up to Oklahoma because John’s dad wasn’t doing well.  He has had cancer for ten years and took a turn for the worst.  He was able to get some procedures done and his body has taken to them well so we are hoping he will be around for a good while longer.  It was nice to be able to visit and help John’s mom. 
James loves visiting his grandparents.  Case in point, when we pulled into our house last night, he started bawling for grandma's house.  Our house just doesn't compare.
James liked going on spins around the hospital in Grandpa’s wheel chair.  We got lots of sympathy stares from people around the hospital.  It made me want to push James around in a wheel chair when I go to the grocery store.  I think it would make some of the glares soften if he looked like a cancer patient when he acts crazy.  Just kidding...kinda;)

James with his Grandma Gregory
John’s dad is staying at Mercy, a hospital run by nuns.  I liked that there was lots of art work as a reminder of Christ. There seemed to be more of a spirit of hope than any other hospital I have visited.

I am lucky to have married into Oklahoma sunsets.  They  really are some of the best I've seen.
Tim and Catie's cute new baby, Layla.
James is always in heaven when there are cousins around.
John’s dad seemed very close to the Savior.  He is a good example to me and made me want to strengthen my relationship with Christ.  John’s mom is also a saint.  She has been staying at the hospital around the clock and is living on very little sleep.  I hope that I can be like her in so many ways someday.

Mike and Carla, we love you both and hope Grandpa Gregory keeps feeling better.   We would love to have you come and visit soon. 
XOXO, Jessica John and James.

4 comments:

makana hansen said...

glad to hear everything turned out ok so far. And those are some BEAUtiful sunsets!

Anonymous said...

Jess, I had no idea. I am glad to hear that Grandpa Gregory is responding well to treatments. I will call you in five.

ColleenDown said...

Hospitals are one of those paradoxical places in this world-life and death, fear and hope, pain and healing...a kind of microcosm of all life. Mercy is an appropriate name for a hospital.

Mike and Carla said...

Jessica, I hadn't seen this post. What a wonderful series of pictures. Carla and I were so glad you, John and James Michael were able to come to OKC to visit me. It was a real comfort. I am beginning to recover slowly. We are so proud of you and John. You are amazing. We are looking forward to your visit. See you soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...